- This degree combines the equal study of two related disciplines, Law and Business, making it particularly attractive for those considering a career in the commercial world.
- This degree combines the best elements of the University’s Business and Management and Law degrees to ensure students graduate with the maximum range of career options, both in Law and in Business and Management.
- The defining feature of this degree is the skill-set with which it provides students; you will enhance your employability by developing your faculties for argument and reasoning, for clear thinking, for the analysis of complicated ideas and for understanding the commercial context in which the law operates..
- This law degree is accredited by the Honorable Society of King’s Inns.
- Law and Business students at Maynooth are offered unparalleled flexibility and choice. Students have the option of taking a four year degree with a work placement or study year abroad, thus combining what you learn in university with insights into industry (legal or commercial) or another culture. Students who successfully complete 1st year also have the option of transferring into the 2nd year of the LLB degree (MH501).
- The BCL is a three-year degree in law combined with one other subject, in this case Business. While the BCL covers all the core modules of law, you cover less law than on the LLB (MH501), giving you more time to develop expertise in another subject. The main advantage is that it allows you to combine the study of law with the study of business. This combination is ideal for those who may wish to run their own practice, to work in a setting where law is applied, in a business itself, or commercial law.
- Business and Management are the practical art, science, and craft of achieving change and getting things done through and with people. This degree provides you with insights into the core functions of Business and Management and how they interact to create value for and capture value from clients and customers.
- Business is taken jointly with Law for the three years of the programme, with a wide range of business and legal subjects being studied
- Some students may choose to complete a work placement or study abroad year between 2nd and 3rd year and graduate after the 4th year
- Students who successfully complete the 1st year of the programme have the option of transferring into the 2nd year of the LLB programme or 2nd year of the BBS Business and Management degree MH404. An introductory accounting module must be taken in semester 1 of 2nd year (for those who choose the MH404 pathway)
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2021 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2021
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students