Take a look at our Open Day booklet and start planning your next visit to the campus.
Open Day Booklet Nov 2017
Download our Maynooth University Events app for the latest Open Day details - find it under Hello Crowd in your App Store.
- Don't forget to register for the Open Day so you can enjoy a free hot drink during your visit (redeemable in all campus outlets apart from Pugin Hall, Chill, Londis and Students' Union). Link to register at the top of this page. You will also be entered in a draw to win a tablet - winner announced in December.
- Grab an Open Day booklet or download our events app when you arrive on campus. Check the finalised Open Day schedule for confirmed location of stands and talks.
- Plan the talks you'll attend so you don't miss out - degree talks, information for mature students, parents and supports provided by the University and many more.
- Meet students from some of the clubs and societies.
- Visit the Maynooth University Book Shop in the John Hume Building and browse the excellent range available.
There are over 100 clubs and societies in Maynooth University.
The clubs and societies are run by the students for the students. Getting involved will enhance your university experience and help you to learn new skills and make new friends. At the Open Days you will be able to see what is on offer and chat to the members.
Meet some of our sport scholars and staff during the Summer Open Day. Drop by Classhall H in the Arts Building to hear from our Sports Development Officers. Times and location below are to be confirmed.
11:15am – 11:30am: Soccer (Barry Prenderville)
11:35am – 11:50am: Rugby (Tom McKeown)
12:00pm – 12:15pm: GAA (Jenny Duffy)
1:30pm – 1:45pm: Clubs and Societies (Paul Davis & Maynooth Students' Union)
Admissions Officer Dr John McGinnity and colleagues are happy to answer a broad range of questions. Find the Admissions stands in John Hume, School of Education and Iontas Buildings.
- Leaving Certificate, mature student, QQI, EU, UK student application process
- Applying to the CAO
- Transport and accommodation
- General queries about our degrees
Looking for postgraduate study information? Talk to the Graduate Studies Office at the Open Days.
Want to specialise after your degree in a subject you love? Want to convert your degree into something different at Masters level or undertake PhD studies?
For everything postgraduate at Maynooth University, the Graduate Studies website provides course details, funding options and scholarships information.
Our Student Ambassadors host tours of both campuses and tell you about our beautiful historic buildings, new facilities and their own experiences of life at Maynooth University. Tours typically last 45 minutes and incorporate a 10 minute tour of the Library. Check out our campus before you arrive.
Tour Schedule: check the confirmed schedules for exact times - on the app or in the Open Day booklet which you can pick up on the day
|Campus Tours (depart from the Arts Building foyer)
||Depart at regular intervals during the day
|Accommodation Tours (depart from the Arts Building foyer)
||Depart at regular intervals during the day
|Lab Tours (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Experimental Physics)
|Media Studies Tour
|Music and Music Technology Tours
Students, academic staff and administrative staff will be on hand to answer your questions about the degrees, facilities and supports we offer.
- Subject and information stands located in the foyer of the Iontas Building, the John Hume Building and in our new School of Education Building. Visit the stands from 10.30am to 3pm.
- Subject stands for Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science and Computational Thinking are located in the foyer of the Eolas Building.
- Information about on-campus accommodation is available from the Accommodation Office stand in the Arts Building.
Check the Open Day timetable for confirmed location of stands and talks.
For refreshments on campus choose from*
Subway (John Hume Building - North Campus)
The Little Coffee Company (Arts Building - North Campus)
Chill - (Students' Union - North Campus)
The Kitchen (Phoenix Building - North Campus)
The Living Room (Phoenix Building - North Campus)
Starbucks - The Library (South Campus)
Visitors who have registered can enjoy a free 12oz hot drink (excluding speciality drinks) which they can redeem at one of the outlets open on the day (excluding Pugin Hall, Chill, Londis and Students' Union). The voucher must be presented on a smartphone or printed out. Starbucks seasonal specials not part of this offer.
Browse the Maynooth University Book Shop in the John Hume Building.
Maynooth town has a variety of cafés, restaurants and bars and is only a five minute walk from the campus.
*(not all will be open on the Open Day)
Lots of degrees at Maynooth University to pique your interest. You should also research the pathways into our degrees if at first you don't succeed!