Welcome to Micro-credentials at Maynooth University
What are micro-credentials?
Micro-credentials are short bursts of learning that facilitate a ‘bite size’ approach to professional development and lifelong learning. With a part-time and flexible course structure, micro-credentials work around learners’ commitments and schedule.
- Designed for learners looking to develop specific skills, competencies and knowledge
- Offered in 5 to 15 ECTS credits in length, with a 5 ECTS micro-credential taking 12 weeks
- Maynooth University accredited and assessed
- Available in various modes of learning
- Delivered by leading Maynooth University experts
Who are micro-credentials for?
They are for anyone looking for applicable learning but short on time, and they may be especially useful to
- Individuals interested in enhancing their knowledge in specific areas as part of their professional development or as part of their lifelong learning journey
- Companies seeking quality training opportunities to enhance employee skills capital, and to nurture, attract and retain top talent
For information on our micro-credentials on offer, visit the individual tabs below or click on the link under ‘further information’ in the upper right hand corner.
If you have a question about course content, we encourage you to contact the relevant course coordinator for the micro-credential. General queries may be directed to our micro-credential team at email@example.com.
About the project:
Maynooth University is working in partnership with colleagues across seven IUA Universities to establish a coherent national framework for quality-assured and accredited micro-credentials. This national micro-credentials framework will be the first in Europe.
IUA MicroCreds is a Human Capital Initiative funded €12.3 million project led by the Irish Universities Association (IUA) to empower learners on their journeys to life-long and life-wide learning through short, part-time courses known as micro-credentials.