- Gaining a comprehensive grounding in all areas of marketing management, enterprise, operations management and strategy;
- Developing core marketing skills and a thorough understanding of how the marketing function fits into a wider organisational context;
- Understanding where, when and how to spend your marketing budget to greatest effect, planning market research, developing strategic marketing plans and creating persuasive communications, while considering the needs of a multicultural, international business environment;
- Working with a wide range of existing and emerging marketing tools and channels, including digital media, search engine optimisation, social networking and experiential marketing. The programme will also challenge you to apply your marketing and business knowledge to marketing problems to real-life scenarios working closely with a range of organisations;
- availing of the opportunity to take a work placement in a multi-national or Irish firm for a year (subject to availability) – providing you with practical business work experience that can enhance your employment skills upon graduation.
- Core marketing topics including Consumer Behaviour and Marketing
- You also study Business modules including Management and Innovation
- Specialise in Marketing taking modules in Brand Management, Marketing Communications and Marketing Management along with core Business modules
- After 2nd year you can apply for a study or placement year abroad
- A more strategic view of the marketing function with modules in Strategic Marketing, International Marketing along with Business modules
- If you successfully complete the study or placement year you will graduate with a BBA
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for the written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 1 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students