If you want to develop core marketing skills and a thorough understanding of how the marketing function fits into a wider organisational context, then this is the degree for you.
You will learn how to work with a wide range of existing and emerging marketing tools and channels, including digital and social media marketing, influencer marketing, and how AI and metaverse applications play a role in modern marketing.
This degree also helps you to understand, where, when, and how to spend your marketing budget to greatest effect; how to plan market research, develop strategic marketing plans, and create persuasive communications, while considering the needs of a multicultural, international business environment; and how marketing interacts with the operations and strategy of a firm as a whole.
Why choose this degree?
- Marketing is both profoundly local, selling to one customer, and global, selling to international markets. Our faculty are a blend of international and local experts in different Marketing topic areas, such as online retailing, digital marketing, marketing in small and medium sized enterprises, and consumer behaviour. They bring profound insights into the practicality and complexity of the Marketing subject.
- Marketing students at Maynooth benefit from unmatched flexibility and choice. This degree offers you the opportunity to undertake specialist options in the subjects you enjoy so you can focus your degree according to your own strengths and interests. You will also gain insights into Business as a whole, taking key modules in Management to complement your Marketing studies.
- Additionally, you can avail of the opportunity to take a work placement in a multi-national or Irish firm for a year (subject to availability), an opportunity which provides you with practical business work experience that can enhance your employability following graduation, or complete a study year abroad, gaining insights into another culture.
Duration: 3 years (4 years with optional placement or Erasmus/Study Abroad)
- Core marketing topics including Consumer Behaviour and Consumer Research and Marketing.
- In addition, you study other Business modules, including Introduction to Managing Innovation
- Master the management functions of Marketing through modules such as Brand Management, Marketing Management, Digital Marketing, and International Business.
- Optional 10 credit Elective
Some students may choose to complete a work placement or study abroad year between 2nd and final year and graduate after the 4th year. (The University will support you in the search for a placement job; however, the process is competitive).
- Develop a strategic approach to the marketing function through your study of modules such as International Marketing, Social Media, Contemporary Issues in Marketing, Business Analytics, and Strategic Management
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature applicants are assessed separately to school-leavers. Mature applicants are 23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University. For part-time/flexible degrees the mature age is 21.
Mature applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any written tests that may be required, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2024 to the Access Office.
Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2024
Leaving Certificate Applicants
Required to present (as a minimum): 2H5 & 4O6/H7, O6/H7 in Irish, English & O4/H7 Mathematics. MH404 Round 1 Points 2023: 401
HEAR and DARE
DARE: The Disability Access Route to Education is a third level alternative admissions scheme for school-leavers whose disabilities have had a negative impact on their second level education.
HEAR: The Higher Education Access Route is a third level admissions scheme for school leavers from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Maynooth Education
Click here for details about optional Critical Skills courses, Electives and degree pathways.
APPLY TO THE CAO
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students