- Management is the practical art, science and craft of achieving change and getting things done through and with people. It is about coordinating the functions of a business to deliver value to clients and to capture sufficient returns for staff and owners.
- They are about coordinating the functions of a business to deliver value to the client and capture sufficient returns for staff and owners. We will teach you how to make a difference to the lives of customers, providing goods and services they need across a wide range of industries and countries.
- Business and Management students will learn how, through business and management practices, they can make a positive difference in the lives of customers, employees, colleagues, organisations and the broader society.
- You will also have the option of taking a four year degree with a work placement or study year abroad, thus combining what you learn in university with insights into industry or another culture.
- The fundamentals of Business including Management, Marketing, Innovation, Competitions, Professional Skills and Business Ethics amongst other business modules.
- The emphasis changes to understanding the core functions of business and how to use the structures of organisations to achieve outcomes for clients. Students take a combination of core and optional modules
- Optional 10 credit Electives
- Some students may choose to complete a work placement or study abroad year between 2nd and 3rd year and graduate after the 4th year
- We examine how functions and theories tie together at the strategic level, as well as enabling you to choose advanced optional modules to deepen your understanding of business in general, or a specific functional area.
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2022 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2022
APPLY TO THE CAO
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students