- Management is the practical art, science, and craft of achieving change and getting things done through and with people. It is about coordinating the functions of a business to deliver value to clients and to capture sufficient returns for staff and owners.
- Business and Management students will learn how, through business and management practices, they can make a positive difference in the lives of customers, employees, colleagues, organisations and the broader society.
Why choose this degree?
- Our faculty are a blend of international and local industry experts and academics, who bring profound insights into the practicality and complexity of Management.
- Business and Management students at Maynooth are offered exceptional flexibility and choice. This degree offers students insights into all of the major functions of business, as well as the opportunity to undertake specialist options in the subjects you most enjoy so that you can specialise your degree based on your own strengths and interests.
- You will also have the option of taking a four year degree with a work placement or study year abroad, thus combining what you learn in university with insights into industry or another culture.
- Our programme goals are that, on completion of the programme, students will be critical thinkers, experienced in working in groups, knowledgeable in key Business Management functions, and practised in skills for success.
The first year is about building the foundations of knowledge in business and management. The fundamentals of business and management are covered in modules, including Management, Marketing, Innovation, Professional Skills and Business Ethics. No prior studies in business/ management are required.
The second year is about expanding your knowledge of the core disciplines and functions in business and management. Students take a combination of core and optional modules. Optional 10 credit Electives (see p. 13 for details). Some students may choose to complete a work placement or study abroad year between 2nd and 3rd year and graduate after the 4th year. *(The University’s Placement Office will support you in the search for a placement job; however, the process is competitive).
The final year is about deepening your understanding of business in general, examining how functions and theories tie together at the strategic level. Students also have the opportunity to specialise through a choice of advanced optional modules.
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2023 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2023
APPLY TO THE CAO
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students