- The opportunity to study the first year of your Maynooth University Bachelor of Arts degree in the beautiful and historic city of Kilkenny. In second year you will progress to the main campus in Co. Kildare where you will spend the remaining two years of your degree (on successful completion of your first year examinations - these examinations take place on the Co. Kildare campus);
- Smaller class sizes, student-focused learning environment, and a vibrant campus community;
- Choosing from a selection of Arts subjects taken from the full range available on the main campus in Maynooth (as part of MH101);
- The option of spending your third year studying abroad. In this case your final year (fourth year) is at Maynooth and you are awarded a BA (International).
- Continue with 1 or 2 subjects
- Elective Stream: In your 2nd year you’ll have the opportunity to take an Elective Stream. This is an optional short course outside your main subjects which allows you to expand your university education and broaden your perspective. Electives are compatible with all subjects in MH101.
- You also have the option of taking an Erasmus or Study Abroad year in 3rd year, and graduating with a BA International after 4 years.
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for the written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 1 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
This course is not running in 2018-2019. You may wish to consider MH101 instead.
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students