- Study all the essentials of computing and software, as well as key areas in mathematics, a major project and a six month placement in industry.
- Acquire hands-on programming skills and advanced problem solving techniques in our new dedicated computer science building (Eolas).
- You will study another Arts subject or Critical Skills with Computer Science and Mathematics in first year.
- Students enjoy the huge benefit of studying another Arts subject with Computer Science in first year. This lends graduates a wider frame of reference.
- The Department of Computer Science at Maynooth University was founded in 1987 and is located in the Eolas Building, a €20M state-of-the-art ICT hub, which opened in 2015.
- Our new laboratories and equipment provide excellent facilities for practical work and all our courses include a mix of lectures
- and lab work.
- Spending time working in industry as part of your degree enhances your employment opportunities once you graduate.
- We endeavour to provide a supportive and enjoyable atmosphere for learning through our Programming Support Centre, extensive
- assistance during practical work and we are always available outside of lectures to help our students.
- Computer Science (30 credits)
- Mathematics (15 credits)
- Plus either 1 other Arts subject or Critical Skills (from the 4 groups available)
- Concentrate on Computer Science
- In 3rd year students complete a minimum 6 month placement (subject to availability)
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2019 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2019
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students