- The opportunity to study other Arts subjects with Computer Science in first year;
- Studying all the essentials of computing and software, as well as key areas in mathematics;
- Extensive practical work, a major project and a six month placement in industry (subject to availability);
- Acquiring hands-on programming skills and advanced problem solving techniques;
- Learning to think logically and analytically about complex problems.
- Computer Science (30 credits)
- Mathematics (15 credits)
- Plus either 1 other Arts subject or Critical Skills (from the 4 groups available)
- Concentrate on Computer Science
- In 3rd year students complete a minimum 6 month placement (subject to availability)
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2018
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students