- In this programme you will receive an excellent education in a range of different aspects of Chemistry, with a focus on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry and Biology.
- Chemistry is taken with: Mathematics, Biology and one other Science subject or Critical Skills in first year, with Biology and Mathematics or Electives in second year and with Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry and Biology in third year.
- In fourth year you will have the opportunity to undertake a six-month work placement/internship (subject to availability), as well as take courses in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry and Biology.
- If you are interested in the areas of Chemistry that are important for the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries, then this is the degree for you.
- You will have the opportunity to go on site visits to see the workings of pharmaceutical companies. A six-month work placement/internship, subject to availability, will give you an insight into the working environment of a professional chemist and help you to improve your career prospects.
- This innovative programme develops skills in problem-solving, communication, scientific writing and presentation – all highly valued in the workforce. These transferable skills will help provide employment opportunities in Chemistry and non-chemistry based careers.
- 1 other subject (Computer Science, Experimental Physics, Mathematical Physics or Critical Skills)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Workshops
- Optional 10 credit Electives
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Chemistry
- Work placement/internship (subject to availability)
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for the written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2019 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2019
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students