- Being at the heart of successful product innovation by bridging the gap between technology and the market, in a human-centred way;
- Learning from specialists with extensive industry experience across product, graphic, engineering, electronic, furniture, medical and sports equipment design;
- Harnessing your creative, artistic, and problem-solving skills;
- Gaining a relevant understanding of technology and materials, and a sensitive awareness of human needs and behaviour through user-centred design;
- Acquiring a broad understanding of product design from both an engineering and a marketing point of view - leading you to create solutions that balance business viability, human desirability and technical feasibility;
- A highly practical course, with an emphasis on project-based learning, workshops, laboratory sessions and group work;
- The opportunity to take a six-month, full-time work experience placement, in a relevant employment setting;
- The possibility of creating products, services and experiences that can transform lives, organisations and markets.
- As a specialised 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in Product Design, a range of technology, marketing and design subjects are taken in all years.
- All students take a 6-month, full-time, work experience placement in 3rd year (subject to availability).
- Opportunity to take an Elective in 2nd year as part of the new Maynooth Education
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2018
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students