>>Opportunity to take a six-month, full-time work experience placement, in a relevant employment setting.
>>Students acquire a broad understanding of product design from both an engineering and a marketing point of view - leading you to create solutions that balance business viability, human desirability and technical feasibility.
>>As a student of Product Design, you will learn to harness your creative, artistic, and problem-solving skills. You will also gain
a relevant understanding of technology and materials, and a sensitive awareness of human needs and behaviour through user-centred design. You will learn to combine these abilities to create products that satisfy, even delight, users. You will acquire
an understanding of Product Design from both an engineering and a marketing point of view.
>>You will learn from accomplished designers and design entrepreneurs - people who have experience designing in sports equipment, medical devices, user interfaces and consumer electronics and homeware – as well as having impeccable academic credentials.
- As a specialised 4 year Bachelor of Science degree in Product Design, a range of technology, marketing and design subjects are taken in all years.
- All students take a 6-month, full-time, work experience placement in 3rd year (subject to availability).
- Opportunity to take an Elective in 2nd year
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2021 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
01 February 2021
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students