- A comprehensive business degree with an equine business specialism;
- Horse Racing Ireland and Maynooth University offer four Michael Osborne Equine Business Scholarships each year for the three years of the Equine Business degree. The objective of the scholarships is to promote Irish and international horse racing.
- Equine business, thoroughbred and sport horse breeding, thoroughbred racing, equestrian sport and its management here in Ireland and internationally;
- Understanding the equine leisure and tourism and stud farm management sectors of the industry and the functions of a business (including marketing, management, information systems, operations and optional modules);
- An opportunity to take a one-year work placement (subject to availability) or spend third year studying in either the University of Arizona on the Racetrack Industry programme or at the University of Kentucky. Such opportunities enhance your CV with valuable experience and increase employment opportunities upon graduation.
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for any required written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 15 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students