- Gaining practical experience in a professional studio environment;
- Hands-on instruction in both digital and audiovisual creative media practice, taught by academics and industry professionals;
- Engaging in media theory and digital and audiovisual practice modules from the outset;
- Topics in areas such as television, film, and digital culture, as well as completing independent projects through capstone experiences.
- 30 credits of Media Studies theory and practice modules
- Choose up to 2 additional Arts subjects (or Critical Skills) from groups 1-5 (max 1 per group)
- Media Studies as a Double Major or Major/Minor with 1 of your 1st year subjects
- Optional 10 credit Electives in 2nd year
Students may apply to study overseas after 2nd year (on Erasmus or Study Abroad) and graduate with a BA (International) after 4 years. See the International Studies website for details.
|Subject||Required||Ordinary Level Grade||Higher Level Grade|
International & EU/EFTA Entry Requirements
Mature student applicants who have a disability
If you have a disability or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), and require examination support for the written tests, please submit supporting documentation by 1 March 2018 to the Access Office. Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications for alternative examination accommodation after this deadline.
The application process depends on the type of applicant you are. Click here for all information about how to apply.
Categories of applicant:
- School-leavers (Leaving Certificate students)
- Mature students (23 years or older by 1st January in the year of entry to the University/part-time degrees the mature age is 21)
- EU/EFTA/UK students
- International students (outside the EU)
- QQI (Further Education) students
- Transferring students
- Deferring students