On receipt of your Offer Notice from the CAO:
- Do NOT accept the offer in the manner shown on the Offer Notice
- Write or e-mail IMMEDIATELY to the Admissions Office. Give your name and address as it appears on your CAO application, quote your 2017 CAO Application Number and the Course Code of the offer you wish to defer, and set out the reason(s) for the request Mark "DEFERRED ENTRY" clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of your e-mail
- The letter or e-mail must arrive in the Admissions Office at least two days before the "reply date" shown on the Offer Notice
- We will communicate our decision to you as soon as possible
If the deferral is not granted, you may then accept the offer for the current year. You must send all deferral communications to the Admissions Office - not to the CAO.
In the event that you defer your place after having registered at the University you must also advise the University’s Student Records Office to ensure you do not lose any entitlements when you return to the University. If you have not already officially de-registered please ensure that you complete and return the form on the Student Records & Registration website https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/records/withdrawing-deferring-or-suspending-registration.
The deferral is not in order until you contact the Student Records Office and request to formally de-register from your qualification. If you have any queries in this regard please contact the Student Records Office at 01-708 3813.
In order to take up a deferred place, you must:
- Re-apply through the CAO in the succeeding year and pay the appropriate application fee
- Place the deferred course as your one and only preference on the application form
- Indicate your deferral by ticking the deferred place indicator box on your application
It is important to read the letter granting you the deferred place for further instructions.
You will breach the conditions of your deferred place if you enter more than the single deferred course code on your application. In that event, you will forfeit the guaranteed place and enter the competition for places in the normal way.
When reapplying to the CAO in the succeeding year, you must complete an application FULLY. In other words, you must include again any documentation etc., which you provided with the original application to the CAO.