On receipt of your Offer Notice from the CAO:
- Do NOT accept the offer in the manner shown on the Offer Notice
- Complete our online deferral request here. You will be asked for your name and address as it appears on your CAO application, your email address, your 2018 CAO Application Number, the Course Code of the offer you wish to defer and the reason for the request.
- Normally the completed deferral request must arrive in the Admissions Office at least two days before the "reply date" shown on the CAO Offer Notice.
- We will communicate our decision to you via email as soon as possible. Check your SPAM folder (email may be filed in there).
If the deferral is not granted, you may then accept the offer for the current year. You must send all deferral communications to the Admissions Office, email CAOdeferrals@mu.ie - not to the CAO.
Please note the following for deferrals to 2019:
- Students who are offered MH102 Music Technology in 2018 will need to email CAOdeferrals@mu.ie directly to request a deferral as this course will be offered within MH101 for 2019 entry.
- Students who are offered MH108 European Studies in 2018 will need to email CAOdeferrals@mu.ie directly to request a deferral as this course will be offered within MH101 for 2019 entry. Important note – French will not be available to take within European Studies from 2019 onwards. If students wish to study French with MH108 they cannot defer their place until 2019 and will need to attend in September 2018.
In the event that you defer your place after having registered at the University you must ALSO advise the University’s Student Records Office to ensure you do not lose any entitlements when you return to the University. If you have not already officially de-registered please ensure that you complete and return the form on the Student Records & Registration website https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/records/withdrawing-deferring-or-suspending-registration.
The deferral is not in order until you contact the Student Records Office and request to formally de-register from your qualification. If you have any queries in this regard please contact the Student Records Office at 01-708 3813.
In order to take up a deferred place, you must:
- Re-apply through the CAO in the succeeding year and pay the appropriate application fee
- Place the deferred course as your one and only preference on the application form
- Indicate your deferral by ticking the deferred place indicator box on your application
- Email CAOdeferrals@mu.ie with your new CAO application number
It is important to read the letter granting you the deferred place for further instructions.
You will breach the conditions of your deferred place if you enter more than the single deferred course code on your application. In that event, you will forfeit the guaranteed place and enter the competition for places in the normal way.
When reapplying to the CAO in the succeeding year, you must complete an application FULLY. In other words, you must include again any documentation etc., which you provided with the original application to the CAO.