For details regarding the fee implications and important dates of de-registration please contact the University Fees & Grants Office
Before 31st October - Undergraduate Students deferring before this date and wish to return to the same course must re-apply to the CAO to guarantee a place on their course
After 31st of October - Undergraduate Students deferring after this date and returning to the same course do no need to re-apply to the CAO, their place is held internally
Students wishing to defer the 2022/2023 Academic Year, must complete the Undergraduate Withdrawal / Deferral Form.
Please note the following with regards to eligibility for re-sitting in supplemental examinations:
- In order to be eligible to re-sit Semester 1 moduels in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered up to the last day of the scheduled Semester 1 examinations.
- In order to be eligible to re-sit Semester 2 modules in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered, i.e., you cannot cancle your registration.
- The final date for de-registration is the last date of lectures in the second semester of the normal academic year.
Special note for students withdrawing from 1st Year of Study before the 31st of October.
For 1st Year Students returning to the Same Course:
Withdrawing before the 31st of October and returning to the same course the following year the student must re-apply to the CAO and put their current course as their First Preference on the CAO form to guarantee their place on the course.
STUDENTS MUST ALSO REQUEST A DEFERRAL FROM THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR PROCEDURE
For 1st Year Students returning to a Different Course:
Withdrawing at at any part of the year and returning to pursue a different course the following year the student must re-apply to the CAO. Do not put the current course in the CAO preference.
Students will only be de-registered from the date the completed form is received in the Student Records and Registration Office.
Undergraduate students must perform an exit interview with the Academic Advisory Office. You will be contacted by the Academic Advisory Office in relation to this exit interview.
Below are the online forms for both Withdrawal, Deferral or Suspension for Postgraduate Programmes. Please ensure you complete the form relevant to your programme of study and upload Departmental approval when prompted.
Please note that these forms can only be accessed from people within the Organisation. Therefore, you need to be logged into your MU account to access these forms.
Note: suspensions must be sought prior to the commencement of the academic year.
- It is the responsibility of all students to contact the Fees and Grants Office to discuss current and future fee implications. The Fees and Grants Office can be contacted via email: email@example.com
- Please ensure your withdrawal or suspension request is signed firstly by the Fees and Grants Office and then by your own department before submitting to the relevant Office (above) for final consideration.
- Students will only be de-registered from the date of Registry approval.
Important re-sit/supplemental registration information:
- In order to be eligible to re-sit semester 1 modules in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered up to the last day of the scheduled semester one examinations.
- In order to be eligible to re-sit semester 2 modules in the autumn supplementals you must remain registered i.e., you cannot cancel your registration.
- The final date for de-registration is the last date of lectures in the second semester of the normal acadmic year.
All Students must refer to the Course Finder before registering for their Subjects and Modules
Students who have deferred their registration before the 31st of October and wish to return the following academic year will be able to log in to the Student Web Services and register online. Please refer to the Continuing Students tab.
Students who have deferred their registration after the 31st of October and wish to return the following academic year will not be able to register online. Please refer to the Repeating Students tab.
Registration for a postgraduate programme of study is expected to be continuous and it is not possible to suspend your studies retrospectively. If more than one semester has elapsed since your last registration, you must formally apply to the University to re-register to your programme. Please complete and submit the form below if you wish to apply for re-registration.
R2, Re-registration request
Please note that this form is not required if you formally suspended your studies for the previous academic year.