Qualification : MASTER OF EDUCATION DEGREE
Award Type and NFQ level : TAUGHT MASTERS (9)
CAO/PAC code : MH45G
CAO Points :
Closing Date : 30 June 2023
Maynooth University Department of Education offers an exciting, innovative and flexible Future Leaders Programme. It is designed for teachers at all levels who are aspiring to or who are already in leadership roles, as well as for those who are seeking to develop leadership skills in their educational settings. The programme is designed specifically to build your knowledge, competence, and expertise as you undertake your education leadership journey. The Future Leaders Programme offers a combination of practical skills and theoretical foundations to support preparation for leadership and management positions at all levels. It is designed and delivered by experienced leaders, educators and academics from a variety of professional education roles and has input from national and international academic/practitioner experts in the areas of educational leadership and management.
The Master of Educational Leadership & Management M.Ed.ELM is delivered via a blended-learning approach, with workshops, seminars and on-line engagement.
What modules will you take ?
Year 1 Modules (PGDELM & M.Ed.ELM) include:
- Leading & Managing Educational Innovation
- Leadership for Enhancing Cultures of Communication
- Participative Research as Leadership Practice
- The Person and The Professional: Who am I as a Leader?
- Legal Contexts, Policy & Practice
- Coaching and Mentoring in & as Leadership Practice
Year 2 Modules (M.Ed.ELM & T-M.Ed.ELM) include
- Research Methods
- Capstone Research Project
What will you gain from the programme?
- A deep understanding of leadership and management in the field of education and insight into your preferred leadership style.
- Development of your communication, persuasive and influencing skills to help you inspire people.
- Self-awareness around your strengths and areas for development.
- Knowledge around how to introduce, mediate and successfully manage well-being, anti-bullying and other policies within the school setting.
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and policy context relating to management and leadership in educational settings.
- Creative strategies to help you to deliver innovative solutions for your workplace.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to optimise your team’s potential.
- A repertoire of pedagogical and assessment approaches that have been designed to build your competences.
Consult our FAQs.
There are three entry requirements for the programme:
(1) A minimum of 3 years full time, qualified teaching experience.
(2) A recognised level 8 degree
(3) A teaching qualification or equivalent. (In the absence of the candidate having a teaching qualification, proof of current full registration with the Teaching Council showing the year of qualification may be considered).
Minimum English language requirements: please visit Maynooth University International Office website for information about English language tests accepted and required scores. The requirements specified are applicable for both EU and non-EU applicants.
National University of Ireland Maynooth’s TOEFL code is 8850.
Department of Adult and Community Education
Department of Education
Department of ALL Institute
This programme is a 21-month part-time programme delivered through a blended learning model that involves significant face-to-face engagement, with a strong emphasis on peer learning.
Year 1 incorporates the PGDELM, available in a range of regional venues (subject to sufficient numbers): Drumcondra Education Centre, Cork Education Centre, Wexford Education Centre and Galway Education Centre.
Year 2 is available in Maynooth University
Two full-day day Saturday seminars (Sept. & March in Maynooth University), five three-hour workshops on Thursdays 5-8pm (Sept -Feb) in Maynooth University, interactive on-line lectures and a supervision model involving both supportive group supervision sessions and individual feedback.
Delivered via a blended-learning approach: workshops, seminars and online engagement.
Applications can only be made online via the Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC) PAC Code MH45G
The following documents should be uploaded to your online application form:
Copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed MUST accompany the application. Failure to do so will delay your application being processed.
Students are asked to provide the names of two academic or professional referees and a copy of birth certificate or valid passport.