||We are located on the Top Floor, Student Services Centre, North Campus, Maynooth University
||Monday to Friday: 9am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm
Closed for Lunch daily from 1pm-2pm
||01 708 3554
In the event of an emergency occurring outside of office hours (before 9am or after 5pm) please contact one or more of the following:
||999 or 112
||(01) 708 3929
||999 or 112
If urgent medical assistance is required outside of office hours please contact the University Contracted Doctor, located in the Glenroyal Centre, Maynooth: 01 629 1169
||1850 60 90 90
|Rape Crisis Centre
||1800 778 888
||1890 303 302
||1800 793 793
Please confirm or cancel your scheduled appointment using the link below.
If you wish to make an appointment call 01 708 3554.
Request a call back using the link below - subject to opening hours.
If your enquiry is urgent please call: 01 708 3554
Call Back Form
Please read our
on accessing the Counselling Service
Please read our
Telephone and Online Protocol
prior to your appointment
If you arrange a phone consultation with the Counselling Service please be aware of the following guidelines:
· Please honour the time set aside for you by making sure you are free to take the call;
· Please ensure that you can take the call in a private and confidential setting;
· Please ensure your phone is fully charged;
· If the reception is poor the call may need to end and be rescheduled for another time;
· If you arrange a time but are unable to take the call please cancel the call;
· You can reschedule another call by sending a request via the Call Back Facility;
· The Receptionist will contact you to reschedule another time/day;
· Phone consultations are generally 40 minutes in duration;
· Please note that the counsellor may need to gather some personal details at the start of the call;
· You are welcome to schedule a follow-up phone consultation with the Counsellor if desired;
· Please note the principles of Confidentiality apply to all phone consultations;
· Please read the Service Confidentiality Policy prior to engaging with the call;
· Your counsellor will explain any queries you may have in relation to confidentiality;
· All phone consultations will be conducted in confidence, in private settings and all personal information will be held securely on the Service database;
· Please ensure you have some support nearby or at hand following your call if needs be.
Face to Face, Telephone and Online appointments are available.
All sessions with the Service are by appointment only. There is no facility to drop into the Service without an appointment. Please contact Reception for assistance.
Telephpone Reception on 01-708 3554
Office Hrs: 9.00am-1.00pm & 2.00-5.00pm (Mon-Fri)
Closed for lunch: 1.00-2.00 pm
When you attend your appointment:
· Please do not arrive earlier than your appointment time for the purposes of social distancing;
· When you arrive check-in with Reception from the doorway only - do not enter the Reception room;
· Your name and mobile number, date and time of attendance will be logged for the purposes of contract tracing. This will not be shared with anyone unless a case of Covid-19 is reported and contact tracing is required;
· Please wait in the Counselling Service Foyer until your counsellor calls you in;
· All service forms will be emailed to you in advance of your appointment;
· It is advisable that you wear a face shield as opposed to a mask for ease of conversation during your appointment;
· Please bring your own shield with you as they will not be provided;
· Please bring your own pen, water bottle and tissues to appointment;
· You will be provided with a tray to store your belongings in for duration of the session;
· Please bring as minimal belongings as possible with you;
· You are not allowed to bring tea/coffee to the counselling session;
· Please sanitise your hands on arrival and on your way out;
· Please exit the building as soon as your session is over;
· Follow on appointments will be booked over the phone or at the end of your session.
· Your counsellor will be taking daily temperature checks and will notify you in advance if they are unable to facilitate your session;
· The counselling room will be ventilated and cleaned down before and after each session to ensure your safety and ours;
· The student toilet is located on ground floor;
· Hand sanitisers will be available in the Counselling Service foyer;
· If you have a cold, cough, temperature or any flu -like symptoms please do not attend in person for your appointment;
· Please ring reception and explain. We will reschedule your appointment for when you are feeling better or conduct it as a phone consultation instead;
· If any member of your family or close contact group has shown signs of Covid-19 please do not attend in person for your appointment but opt for a phone consultation instead;
· Please comply with the social distancing rules as outlined in the Student Services Building;
· Please check the University’s Covid-19 policy here.
Phone Consultation Protocol
If you are availing of a phone consultation, please see here for further information.
Thank you for reading this protocol and adhering to the guidelines.
We will endeavour to ensure your safety in all our face to face contact with you.
If you would like to make an appointment please call us on 01-708 3554 during office hours; 09.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00 Monday to Friday.
A phone call or a Request a Call-back will link you in with the Service straight away.
You can confirm/cancel your appointment here
While you are waiting for an appointment please feel free to ....
- Attend any of our upcoming workshops - check out our Workshop page
- Download any of our Self-Help Resources - check out our Resources page
- Read any of our Blog topics - check out our Blog
- If you need support outside of our office hours please contact the 24hr Crisis Text Line - just text MU to 50808 for free anonymous text support with a trained volunteer.
Our programs are designed to help you improve and maintain your wellbeing by addressing underlying issues that can have a negative impact on how you would like to live your life.
Consider the programs that are available and see if there is one that might help you. You can choose from the following programmes;
- Positive Body Image
- Money Worries
Click here to access Silvercloud