Counselling Workshops - Semester Two:
Below is a list of upcoming workshops being offered by the Counselling Service online via Teams.
No booking required, just click on the link on the day to join.
Please note some links will be put up nearer the time.
- Academic Success - Thursday March 11th @ 3.30-4.30pm - This workshop will help you to get organised, get focused, and get motivated to support your academic success. Click here to join Workshop
- Self Care is Self Preservation - Thursday March 25th @ 3.30-4.30pm - At this workshop you will gain ideas and guidance to make self care a priority to support your overall health. Click here to join Workshop
- Steps to a Healthier Relationship with Social Media - Thursday April 22nd @ 3.30-4.30pm - This workshop will look at setting healthy boundaries around social media use and will set to understand the effects of unhealthy usage. Click here to join Workshop
- Minimizing Stress, Maximizing Learning - Thursday April 29th @ 3.30-4.30pm - This workshop will explore the effects of stress on study, and will give you some tools to help manage stress which will help enhance your learning experience. Click here to join Workshop
- Weekly Mindfulness & Relaxation Class - starting Tuesday February 2nd @ 12-1pm to Tuesday April 20th (no class on April 6th due to Easter break) Click here to join the class
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS;
Each of these four classes will have a different focus, but all will help to reduce stress, improve focus, and feel good in body and mind.
- Anxiety & Stress - Monday March 8th @ 3.30pm - Be Relaxed: Yoga for Stress & Anxiety. Click here to join Workshop
- Depression - Monday March 22nd @ 3.30pm - Be Positive: Yoga to uplift your mood. Click here to join Workshop
- Concentration & Motivation - Monday April 12th @ 3.30pm - Be Motivated: Yoga to boost concentration & motivation. Click here to join Workshop
- Sleep Disruption - Monday April 19th @ 3.30pm - Be Rested: Yoga for better sleep. Click here to join Workshop
ONLINE POETRY GROUP
No preparation is required, simply pop in and share the space to discuss the poems or share a line of your own or a favourite poem.
- Poetry Group Friday March 5th @ 2.00pm
Theme: International Women’s Day - discussion on excerpts from the following poems:
- The Ordinary Woman By Mary Dorcey
- The Best by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman
- Protest by Annemarie Ní Churreáin
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Understanding Anxiety - Wednesday March 24th @ 12pm - An opportunity to gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and how you can support yourself in building resilience and lessening the unwanted effects of anxiety in your life. Click here to join Workshop
- Exam Anxiety - Wednesday April 21st @ 12pm - This workshop will specifically look at anxiety around exam time. How to prepare and look after yourself during times when you have increased anxiety. Click here to join Workshop
Explore key strategies to avoid falling into the trap of
- Procrastination - Wednesday March 3rd @ 12pm - Click here to join Workshop
- Procrastination - Wednesday April 14th @ 12pm - Click here to join Workshop
- Dating & Relationships- Wednesday Feb 10th @ 1pm - TBC
- Bereavement - Monday March 22nd @ 12pm - an opportunity to explore impact of grief and loss during these challenging times and to learn about helpful coping strategies and supports.
Click here to join Workshop