STUDENT RESIDENCES ON CAMPUS
Welcome to the Maynooth Student Residences' webpages.
27 September 2020: We would like to reassure all residents that the Student Residences are open and operating as normal at this time.
Maynooth Student Residences offers full time registered students of Maynooth University and St Patrick's College Maynooth a licenced rental arrangement. Please consider carefully all your options before booking a term time room in the Student Residences. The offering we make is a 7 days per week rental agreement under Licence for the full academic year, commencing not earlier than 20th September and ending no later than 5th June 2021 inclusive. We do have a cancellation policy but inevitably there is a risk of loss once you make a booking such as the booking fee €500 and rent until another student takes up the room you are cancelling. It is understood that a University education is a serious financial commitment in these challenging times and it is important to note that there are alternative options available to living full time on Campus - theses include;
1. block booking a room on the South Campus for 1-2 days each week www.maynoothcampus.com This is operated by MCCA firstname.lastname@example.org
2. contact the Home Finder Service at MU Student Services email@example.com who may be able to advise if local landlords/host families are offering rooms for specified dates booking https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/student-services/Homefinder
3. Consider Commuting where the commute is reasonable. Maynooth University Transport Guide.
Take a virtual tour of the Student Residences accommodation by clicking HERE
Every resident will be asked to play their part in keeping everyone who lives on campus as safe as possible. The residential community will be relying on your sense of responsibility to stay safe. This wiill include keeping yoursef up to date with university protocols and advice and government guidelines and restrictions and making sure that if you develop symptions that you take appropriate action immediately. For more on this please click HERE
Normal Cancellations Policy: The cancellation policy as per your Licence to Reside is: the booking fee is non refundable and we will refund you the semester fee pro rata from the date another students takes up the room for occupation. Here is the form for giving notice of departure before the end of your Licence Notice to Cancel My Residency Before the end of My Licence.
Cancellations due to Covid 19: However at the discretion of the University and in responce to the changed situation a more generous approach is being taken to cancellations at the present time. A pro rata refund is being offered where we recieve a Notice to Cancel My Residency Before the end of My Licence form and where the resident vacates the room and ends their Licence to Reside. For those who wish to do that over the immediate term you need to complete the form and vacate the room. Where the room has been cleaned and vacated and all belongings are removed we will process a refund equivalent to the remainder of the unused rent fromt he date you leave. Residents who have never checked-in and have not taken possession of their access key should make direct contact with firstname.lastname@example.org if they want to canel their room.
Please understand that once a room is cancelled you are welcome to return if the national situation improves and you choose to so do . The process to return will be an online booking on a first come first served basis and there is no preference given to those who have been a resident previously as that would be impractical from an operational perspective and unfair to those who have not lived here before. All bookings will be treated as new with a new Licence to Reside for the remainder of the academic year and depending on rooms being available. Booking will be advertised in the usual way on this web page uner "Booking Links" (see left panel - not visable on a phone).
Resident's Feedback Form: Please use this form if you wish to give us feedback about your experience while living in the Residences. This may be positive or negative or can be used to draw our attention to community issues. This form should not be used to report maintenance issues as there is a separate process for that.
Fáilte chuig an Oifig Lóistín. Cuirimid na seirbhísí seo a leanas ar fáil do mhic léinn na hOllscoile agus do mhic léinn ionchasacha/nua:
- Lóistín inár n-árais chónaithe (Árasáin na hAbhann, Árasáin Rye agus Árasáin Ghráig na Mac Léinn) ar an gCampas Thuaidh a chur ar fáil do mhic léinn le linn na bliana acadúla
- Seirbhís liostaithe den lóistín príobháideach atá ar fáil go háitiúil. Tá an liosta seo ar fáil ar ár suíomh maynoothstudentpad. Lóistín atá lonnaithe i Maigh Nuad agus sna háiteanna mórthimpeall ar an mbaile atá i gceist; Cill Choca, Cill Droichid, Léim an Bhradáin, Leamhcán, Ráth Chofaigh agus áiteanna atá i bhfoisceacht comaitéaracht réasúnta den Ollscoil. Ní dhéanaimid scagadh ar an réadmhaoin seo ar do shon, mar sin molaimid duit breathnú ar áiteanna sula n-íocann tú aon airgead astu.