Maynooth University academics have received IRC Research Ally honours in the IRC Researcher of the Year Awards 2022.
The Research Ally category celebrates the positive role of supervisors, mentors, and research officers play in supporting and sustaining the Irish research community.
Six MU academics received awards for their role in helping to foster a positive academic culture based on equality, inclusivity, and respect.
- Prof Valerie Heffernan, Head of the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
- Prof Pat Palmer, Professor, Arts and Humanities Institute
- Dr Liam Mac Amhlaigh, Lecturer in Froebel Department
- Angela McGinn, Lecturer, Adult and Community Education
- Prof Sinéad McGilloway, Professor in the Department Psychology and Director, Centre for Mental Health and Community Research
- Dr Amir Azadnia, Professor in Operations & Supply Chair Management, School of Business
Commenting on the awards, Dr Gráinne Walshe, Assistant Director of the IRC, said: “The Irish research ecosystem could not function without the essential supports provided to researchers at all stages of their careers by research officers, technical staff, mentors and supervisors. As a research funder, we rely on and interact with research allies on a daily basis. We are delighted to recognise the crucial role they play in ensuring that Ireland’s research and innovation system continues to thrive and excel.”