- Fees can be paid online through the student web portal, once you are aware of your 8 digit student number and password. Go to the Fees & Grants Option section - choose Online Fee Payment from the drop down menu. Please note that all new incoming students will be issued with same prior to the completion of registration. All current students will have received same in their first year of registration with the University. Online payments will go immediately to your student fee account.
- Fees can paid through the bank - please note that it can take 3-5 days for a payment to show up on the University Bank account. Our bank details are as follows -https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/student-fees-grants/undergraduate/student-fee-bank-account-details.
- Please note that in all cases unless the correct 8 digit Student number and your name is supplied, the student account will not be credited.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS.
I am in receipt of External - Company - Third Party funding - what do I do?
Please complete the Easy Payment Online form at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/node/394848 - all easy payment arrangements must be paid online by either weekly or monthly. Please note that all payment arrangements must be honoured and paid in full prior to further registration and/or graduation with the University.
How do I get a refund?
- The University accepts no obligation to refund fees once a student has registered. Students remain liable for fees for the period of registration up to the date they officially withdraw from Maynooth University by contacting the University Records Office.
- If you officially de-register from your course prior to 31st of October you may be entitled to a refund. If you have paid your fees or a deposit and have subsequently received a grant / other funding you may be entitled to a refund (only when the University has received the full fee payment from the awarding authority).
- Please see Electronic Fund Transfer procedure for details on how to submit your bank details.
- Please ensure to submit your Irish IBAN account details online by logging onto the Student Web Portal - choose Fees & Grants menu - choose Student Bank Account details and enter same.
- Please note that it can take upto 10 working days for any refund to be processed in full - an email is automatically sent to your Maynooth University email address once the file is uploaded to the bank.
- Queries can be forwarded to Joan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wish to retire/withdraw/suspend my course.
How do I apply for an Academic year receipt for the fees I have paid?
- You can print an Academic year receipt for the 2013/14 Academic year onwards yourself by logging onto the Student Web Services - go to the Fees & Grants Office menu - choose Revenue Tax Certificate option from the drop-down menu. If you require an Academic year receipt for any year prior to the 2013/14 Academic year you can apply for same online here and it will be sent to you by return post/email. If you need clarification on same please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Can I claim tax relief on my fees?
- Tax relief applied to Undergraduate student who are paying tuition fees. The Undergraduate student contribution, student levy are not a tuition fee and not tax deductible. Families with two or more children liable for the Student Contribution will qualify for tax relief on payments arising from second and subsequent sibling liability. All tax relief details are available from the Revenue website at www.revenue.ie.