Our MSc in Social Research will:
- Develop your ability to work with innovative research methodologies and to develop skills related to empirical investigation including a mixed methods approach to qualitative and quantitative methodology and innovative digital methodologies
- Enhance your ability to communicate effectively through regular class presentations and discussions.
- Assist you to develop specialist use of research methods through a written thesis or applied research project.
- Provide an enhanced understanding of how to work with and source data, how to plan and manage research, and how to meet legal and ethical standards.
- Enable you to engage in social analysis and investigation of social change and societal challenges.
- Be supported through career scaffolding workshops to enhance your own navigational agency.
Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level. The Entry Requirement is an Honours Degree of at least a 2:2 in Social Science or a cognate discipline or international equivalent is required.
For international students for whom English is not their first language, an English language exam certificate showing IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required. Minimum English language requirements or both EU and non-EU students as in Maynooth University International Office website .
National University of Ireland Maynooth’s TOEFL code is 8850
The course involves 6 x 10 credit modules over two semesters and the completion of a thesis (30 credits). Classes are timetabled on a Thursday and Friday and through two intensive ‘burst’ modules. See our website for our MA handbook.
Online application only www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following documents should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
Certified copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed MUST accompany the application. Failure to do so will delay your application being processed. Non-Maynooth University students are asked to provide two academic references and a copy of birth certificate or valid passport.