Last updated: Thursday 3 December 2020
From the start of December, the country will be returning to modified level 3 precautions. While universities will continue to provide a majority of teaching online, this will allow more activity on campus.
From 1 December, the University is operating as follows:
- The majority of teaching classroom-based teaching is online, with a few exceptions.
- Practical teaching, including laboratories and other activities which require hands-on access to equipment, is continuing on-campus where possible.
- In a small number of cases, such as some professional courses, teaching will return to campus.
- There will be no on-campus exams in January, but quiet space on campus to take online exams will be available.
- The Library continues to provide essential services.
- Essential services continue to operate, including Campus Services, Security, maintenance, grounds services and student services. The Phoenix restaurant is open, 9.00-15.00, Monday-Friday. The University will offer services over the holiday period. Read more below.
- The campus will remain open, but with most of the buildings on card access.
- Students may use classrooms in the Hume Building as study space, if they are unable to study at home.
- Student residences will remain open. Visitors are not allowed in residences and students in residence are asked not to visit other households.
See more information below.