Last updated: Thursday 12 November 2020
From Thursday 22nd October, the country moved to Level 5 of the Government plan for living with COVID-19. While universities are expected to continue in operation, we are asked to move the majority of teaching online.
From Thursday 22nd, the University is operating as follows:
- The majority of teaching classroom-based teaching is online, with a few exceptions.
- Practical teaching, including laboratories and other activities which require hands-on access to equipment, is continuing on-campus where possible.
- The Library continues to provide essential services.
- Essential services continue to operate, including Campus Services, Security, maintenance, grounds services and student services. The Phoenix restaurant is open, 9.00-15.00, Monday-Friday.
- The campus will remain open, but with most of the buildings on card access.
- Students may use classrooms in the Hume Building as study space, if they are unable to study at home.
- Student residences will remain open. Visitors are not allowed in residences and students in residence are asked not to visit other households.
See more information below.