Padlet is an online noticeboard tool that enables you to create and share online boards to support virtual brainstorming, curation of resources, and collaboration. CTL has purchased a Padlet backpack plan on a pilot basis for Maynooth University staff. Each license enables staff to share unlimited padlet boards and upload files of up to 250MB in size. The URL for the Maynooth University Padlet Backpack is maynoothuniversity.padlet.org
MU Staff can request a Licence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After your account has been created, you will receive an invitation email to complete setup.
Padlet enables you to can add posts including text, images, links, audio and video. You can share padlets with your students by sharing a secret link. Depending on the settings you select, students can comment, react to posts, or add their own posts and content. You can also download and save Padlet boards as a PDF, image, or spreadsheet for later use or reference.
Potential Uses in Teaching & Learning
- As a class discussion board - Ask students to share ideas, examples, or resources on a topic
- For short writing tasks - Ask students to summarise or explain definitions of key terms in their own words
- As a brainstorming or planning tool – Ask students to develop a visual map, mind-map or timeline as part of a formative activity
- As a back-channel for an online or virtual class – Ask students to submit questions during a live lecture or tutorial
- To support group work – Create padlet boards for each group to collate and present information back to the class
- To support module feedback approaches – Ask students to provide anonymous feedback on a module/lecture/lab using a format such as Stop/Start/Continue, 1-minute paper or short questionnaire.
For more information about the Maynooth University Padlet Backpack pilot, please contact Lisa O'Regan.