Course Date & Time:
- Two x 3 hour sessions - attendance on both day 1 and day 2 is required.
- Tuesday 15th February (Day 1) 09:25 - 12:30
- Monday 28th February (Day 2) 09:25 - 12:30
This course looks at what it takes to lead and manage a capable team and how you can get the best out of the people in it by understanding the role of leader and manager, both personally and from the group perspective.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the qualities of an effective leader and manager.
- Benchmark yourself against those qualities and develop actions to improve
- Explain the difference between leading and managing.
- Explain the value of sharing the vision of the Department with the team.
- Develop team goals based on the Universities goals and vision.
- Motivate others by understanding their drivers and developing actions to support them
- Deal with difficult team members/colleagues
- Challenge staff in a meaningful and productive way while creating a sense of harmony.
This Expression of Interest Form will only be used in Learning & Development to assess the requirement of the applicant to attend the course.
There are 12 places available on the programme. Please ensure you have reviewed the course outline for the programme on the Learning & Development Directory before completing this form.
Please complete this form by Wednesday 2nd February 2022, to indicate your interest in completing this course in Semester 2.