Scholarship – MSc Economics
Below you can find information on:
(1) Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarship
(2) MU Taught Master's Scholarships
(3) Need-based SUSI Postgraduate Funds
(4) IRC Scholarships
Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarship
Application deadline for students from Ireland and other EU countries: AUGUST 18, 2023, FRIDAY, 5PM Irish time
Application deadline for non-EU students: MARCH 1, 2023, 5PM Irish time
The Department of Economics offers four partial scholarships to those beginning the full-time MSc Economics Programme (PAC Code: MHH52) in September 2023. Two-year Maynooth MSc Economics students (PAC Code: MHH70) who have excelled in the first year of their programme are also eligible to apply.
Scholarships are merit-based. Two scholarships will be reserved for non-EU students. If no non-EU student receives the award, the resources will be directed to Irish students and to students from other EU countries.
1. Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements of the full-time MSc Economics Programme in the Department of Economics.
2. Applicants must achieve a minimum 2.1 overall result in their level eight honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent) to be considered for the award. If the applicant has not graduated yet, the transcript needs to report all grades (marks) up to the most recent completed term of their studies. Evidence of competence in mathematics, statistics and econometrics will be particularly valued in the assessment process.
3. The scholarship application must be accompanied by an application for the MSc Economics Programme in the Department of Economics via the online portal PAC. A scholarship application only without the programme application via PAC will not be considered.
Please see: http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
4. Both Maynooth and non-Maynooth University graduates are eligible to apply.
5. The scholarship may not be deferred.
6. Successful applicants must demonstrate their willingness to fulfil future ambassadorial duties for the Department of Economics such as attending University Open Days or assisting in advertising this scholarship to future applicants.
Research master’s programmes are not eligible for support under the scheme. Applicants will not be awarded more than one scholarship from Maynooth University or another funder.
Value of the Scholarship and number of scholarships available:
The total value of the Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarship for each student is €5,000. The scholarship amount (€5,000) will first be applied to awardees’ tuition fees in September 2023, with any remaining funds (due, for example, to receipt of a SUSI grant) paid in two instalments.
Eligibility will be evaluated by the Department of Economics and other relevant staff within Maynooth University to ensure that applications have met the eligibility requirements. Eligible applications will be reviewed by an academic panel chaired by the Dean of Faculty of Social Sciences of Maynooth University.
All documents (application form, academic transcripts, reference letters) should be uploaded as part of the PAC online application process for the MSc Economics Programme by the application deadline of the scholarship.
In addition to the PAC application to the MSc Economics Programme, the applicant for the Edgeworth Graduate Student Scholarship, must write an email to:
and cc the email to:
including a short statement (around 150 words) outlining the applicant’s motivation for undertaking the Maynooth MSc Economics programme and for applying for the scholarship.
Current legislation allows non-EU/EEA students who graduate with a master’s degree from Maynooth University to remain in Ireland for 24 months to seek employment in Ireland.
Students engaged in full-time study are permitted to work 40 hours per week only during the months of June, July, August and September and from 15th December to 15th January inclusive.
Please follow the link for detailed information.
Taught Masters Scholarships
Please follow the link for more information:
SUSI Postgraduate Student
Postgraduate student : SUSI
IRC GOI Postgraduate Scholarship Programme-2022 Call CLOSED