Finance Business Partners work closely with all departments at all levels and functions across the University. Their role is to act as a ‘translator’ and be the first point of contact for financial queries for all Univeristy staff. They provide 'real time' support and analysis, by being a trusted advisor and adding value to the decision making process.
Key support provided:
- Assist and liaise with the Deans; Head of Departments and Administrators on all financial and policy matters
- Conduct quarterly reviews: monitoring department income; expenditure and reserves in comparison to budget
- Review operational departmental budgets and assess additional requests for new resources
- Resolve financial account coding queries including new business unit set ups
- Provide quarterly training on financial management reports