Recognising the 12%: Migrant Trajectories through the Education System.
There has been a dramatic increase in the proportion of migrants in Irish society in a very short period of time. Today, 12% of students in the Irish education system come from diverse backgrounds. The fifth annual Maynooth Education Forum seeks to explore:
- How migrants are faring in the Irish education system
- To what extent has the education system adapted to cater for migrants? Is the curriculum adjusting to their needs?
- Is the education system culturally responsive?
- How are practioners are dealing with this live issue
- What can we learn from the experiences of other countries?
Further information here.