Student Ambassador Work May Include:
- Giving campus tours to individuals and/or large groups.
- Representing Maynooth University at large events on and off campus (for example Open Days) and providing support to Admissions Office staff in the run up to such events.
- Acting as a point of contact for prospective students, particularly being called upon to speak about their degree programme/subjects and student life.
- Contributing to student blogs by sharing their experience of life as a Maynooth University student.
- Online Q&A sessions with prospective students.
- Social Media.
Applicants must be:
- Currently registered students at Maynooth University who will, in September 2020, be entering any year of Undergraduate or Postgraduate study at Maynooth University.
- Friendly, proactive, enthusiastic and professional.
- Very comfortable speaking in public.
- Passionate about their degree programme/subjects at Maynooth University.
- Passionate about promoting Maynooth University to prospective students.
- Available to attend an interview and scheduled training on specified dates during the summer.
Applicants must have the following skills:
- Must display excellent communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to react effectively to changing situations.
- Show leadership skills.
Applications Open: Monday 23 March
Applications Close: Friday 17 April at 5pm
Interviews: We expect to hold these before the summer break.
Induction & Training: September
Applicants must fill in the Student Ambassador Application Form 2020/2021 as the first stage of application. The closing date for completion of the application form is Friday 17 April.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of the Application Form, successfully shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview as the next stage of application.
Applicants who successfully pass the interview stage will be required to attend induction & training and to successfully complete Garda Vetting.