“Talking Postgraduate research in the Arts & Humanities” is a series of sessions organised by Final Year PhD students from the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Maynooth University. These interactive webinars are an open space for all postgraduate students -particularly but not exclusively- in the Arts & Humanities to get together and share their research work at Maynooth University, as well as their challenges, achievements, and their experiences through the Postgraduate journey.
These informal presentations will be followed by a conversation with participants, fostering collegiality amongst the postgraduate community, as well as promoting research and supporting undergraduate students considering pursuing a postgraduate degree at MU. For this purpose, two research-oriented sessions are scheduled for March and April, followed by a special event in May, to offer students the opportunity to learn more about postgraduate programmes, services, and funding available at the university. The final session in June brings together recent PhD graduates and academics sharing the personal and professional changes and challenges experienced during their career.
- To offer a platform for undergraduate and postgraduate students to connect and share experiences about Postgraduate life at Maynooth University.
- To highlight research interests from students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To introduce current research at Maynooth University in the Arts & Humanities.
- To present opportunities for networking across different disciplines.
Sessions: Four sessions every first Wednesday of the month at 5pm (duration of 2 hours)
- 2nd March 2022: Postgraduate research in the School of Modern Languages Literatures Cultures. MS Teams.
- 6th April 2022: Postgraduate research in the Humanities. MS Teams.
- 4th May 2022: Pursuing Research at Maynooth University. Special guests from Graduate Studies, Student Services, Disability Office and MSU. Followed by a Q&A session. On Campus.
- 1st June 2022: Postgraduate life at Maynooth University: changes and challenges experienced by former and current Postgraduate students. Closing session. On Campus.
Current postgraduate students at Maynooth University interested in being part of the roundtable for sessions 1 and 2 are kindly invited to send their proposal via email to email@example.com
- Include an attached document containing the following information: candidate’s name, department, Year of course, and a brief description of current research project (150 words approx.).
Candidates from the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures: please send your proposal to join Session 1 by 21.02.22. We will let you know of our decision by 23.02.22.
Candidates from other disciplines: please send your proposal to join Session 2 by 14.03.22. We will let you know of our decision by 23.03.22.
Presentations are limited to 5 minutes per candidate and should be given in English. The use of audio-visual aid (e.g., PowerPoint) is allowed but not essential. Presentations will be followed by an informal discussion between participants. Sessions 1 and 2 will take place online via MS Teams at 5 pm.