Ursula is a founding partner of TippMcKnight Solicitors a full service law firm based in Dublin. Ursula is qualified both as a German Rechtsanwältin and an Irish solicitor, and has practised in a number of law firms across Europe, EU institutions and a large international company.
She has experience in a broad range of commercial areas that complemented her extensive knowledge in the areas of taxation and investment into Ireland. She combines this extensive network with her business acumen to help create business opportunities for her clients. She is fluent in English, French and German and is a regular speaker at legal and tax conferences in Europe and the United States. Ursula is a Director and Council member of:
- Ireland France Chamber of Commerce
- Ireland Spain Economic Association (President)
- Belgium Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- International Fiscal Association
- Institute of Directors in Ireland (member)
What clients say:
- " Ursula is an effective communicator and always keeps us fully informed on the progress of any matters she is handling for us "
- " Ursula does not just bring her pan European legal and tax knowledge to our project, she has an excellent commercial attitude and an extensive business network which has been hugely beneficial to us as well. "
Chambers & Partners Europe 2013
Ursula Tipp of TIPP-McKNIGHT Solicitors is described as “a prompt and comprehensive lawyer: she goes beyond what we ask and proposes alternatives that we have not thought of.” She is also German-qualified and regularly advises German clients on their activities in Ireland.
Ursula Tipp has ‘rare international expertise and perspective which is difficult to find’, and gives advice which is ‘second to none’. Clients range from overseas companies to high-net-worth individuals.
- Mennel/Förster/Tipp, Ursula: Steuern in Europa, Amerika und Asien, Steuern in Irland (Taxes in Europe, America and Asia, taxes in Ireland)
(Hamm: NWB, 2013)
- Tipp, Ursula: Rechtstipps für Exporteure: Irland; (Tips for exporters: Ireland) (Cologne: Bundesagentur für Auβenwirtschaft, 2008)
- Tipp, Ursula: S’implanter en Irlande (To establish in Ireland) (Marseille: Editions UBIFRANCE, 2008)
International Tax- and Commercial law (IWB)
- Tipp, Ursula: Das neue Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen zwischen Deutschland und Irland (The new double taxation treaty between Germany and Ireland); IWB 2012 p 503 (Herne: NWB, 2012)
- Tipp, Ursula: Die Bauabszugssteuer in Irland – Relevant Contract Tax (RCT) in Ireland; IWB 2012 p 750 (Herne: NWB, 2012)
- Tipp, Ursula: Der irische Staatshaushalt und das Jahressteuergesetz 2011 (The Irish budget and the Finance Act 2011); IWB 2011 p 139 (Herne: NWB, 2011)
- Tipp, Ursula: Aktuelle Änderungen im Steuerrecht zur Förderung der irischen Wirtschaft (Tax incentives for companies); IWB 2010 p 727 (Herne: NWB, 2010)
WKO reports (Reports for the Austrian trade-mission)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Bau- und Montagearbeiten (Ireland, Construction and installation work); (Vienna: AWO, 2013)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Firmengruendung und Steuern (Ireland, Company formation and taxes) (Vienna: AWO, 2013)
- Tipp, Ursula: Irland, Eigentum und Forderung (Ireland, Property related matters and debt collection) (Vienna: AWO, 2013)
Winner of the Client Choice Award for Corporate Tax in 2012 and 2013.
Ursula Tipp is a Lecturer with National University of Ireland Maynooth (Maynooth University) and regular commentator on radio and TV.