Applicants must be:
- Registered as a Maynooth University postgraduate research student.
- Have tutoring, demonstrating or teaching assistant responsibilities during the semester within which they take the module.
- Have a minimum of 8 hours tutor/demonstrator/teaching assistant hours, ideally spread across the weeks they are taking the module.
The reflective and practical nature of the teaching, learning and assessment approaches of the module requires that participants have adequate tutor/demonstrator/teaching hours to allow them to engage in the learning and fulfil the module learning outcomes. It is therefore essential that those applying for this module can demonstrate that they have a minimum of 9 tutor/demonstrator/teaching assistant hours.
Allocation of Course Places
This is a popular course and places are limited to 20 places per semester.
This call is for the second semester intake CTL1X.
Selection of participants will be based on:
- Completion of the online application by the deadline given.
- Meeting the criteria to apply and participate.
- Where possible, places will be offered on a first come first served basis. However, CTL will also be required to ensure that each cohort has a mix of disciplines to enhance the learning opportunity and offer fairness across the departments.
- Successful applicants will be informed of their application outcome via their Maynooth University student email address only, shortly after the closing date.
Application Process and Form
IMPORTANT: To ensure your application is processed you must apply directly to the Centre for Teaching and Learning for this module by the closing date given. You cannot apply for this module through the Student Web Services. Registration for the module will be completed by the Centre for Teaching and Learning once you have been offered a place.
- Complete the online application form here.
- Download the pdf at the end to keep for your own records - note you will not be able to go back into the online form once it is submitted.
- Closing date - Applications have now closed for 2020 - 21 academic year.