The Programme Advisory Office will host four information sessions on Consultation Day (Wednesday, 27th June) to provide 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students with information on how to understand your exam results and options.
There are sessions scheduled for 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm in lecture hall, AX2, on the ground floor of Auxilia.
For students who can't make it to campus for Consultation day, the 2pm session will be streamed live on the Programme Advisory Office Facebook page: www.facebook.com/MUProgrammeAdvisoryTeam
We are available to meet with students to discuss your programme and subject choices throughout the year.
Each September, we operate a drop-in service for students between 9.30am and 4.45pm, Monday to Friday in Rowan House Room 1,01.
From October, you can book a one-to-one appointment with the Programme Advisor via our online booking system.
The Programme Advisory Office hosted a series of information sessions for current first year students about their second year programme choices and options during Week 6. The information sessions covered:
- Second year subject choice
- Flexible Pathways: how you can study your subjects for the remainder of your degree?
- Programme transfer options
- Electives; why and how to take an Elective in second year.
- Opportunities to enhance your degree including Study Aboard, the MUSE Award, Summer Undergraduate Research Programme and much more...
Last year, we helped hundreds of new students, just like you, with their programme choices including questions like these:
- How do the Arts timetable groups work?
- Is it possible for me to take a particular combination of subjects?
- What will my options be for next year if I take this particular combination of subjects?
- I hope to transfer into second year a denominated programme next year; what subjects do I need to take?
- How do I know if I have to take particular subjects as part of my programme?
- I have changed my mind about a subject; what should I do now?
For more information about your first year programme choices please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year1info
Congratulations on passing your exams and progressing to the second year of your programme!
The introduction of the new Maynooth Curriculum last September has brought in greater flexibility for Maynooth students than ever before. As a second year student, you may now have the option of choosing your pathway: single major, double major, major with minor and/or the opportunity to take an elective module in an subject area of your choice.
The Programme Advisory Office hosted a series of information sessions between 3-6th April 2017 for then first year students on the Programme Options and Choices available in 2nd year including: Flexible Pathways, Subject Choices and Electives.
Please find the presentations below
Information for all students:
Electives Year 2 Info Session Presentation
Information for Arts Students:
Arts Year 2 Info Session Presentation
Information for BSc students:
Science Year 2 Info Session Presentation
For more information on the 2nd year programme options please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year2info