We are looking to recruit eight new members to the Programme Advisory Team for AY 2019/20.
Members of the Programme Advisory Team deliver an information service to 1st & 2nd year undergraduate students on their programme choices and pathways. Reporting to the Programme Advisory Officer, they provide support and information to students transitioning into third level and transitioning into a new academic year e.g. helping new students negotiate University terminology and processes including the timetable and registration systems.
- Registered MU Post Graduate student [essential]
- Available to work full days between September 9th – September 27th, 2019 [essential]
- Previous student-focused/customer service experience [desirable]
- Knowledge of the Undergraduate Curriculum [desirable]
Please see the
Programme Advisory Team Job Spec 2019
for more details.
How to apply:
Please send a short CV and cover letter highlighting in particular any student-focused/customer service experience you may have to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday, August 21st (deadline extended). Full training on the curriculum and role will be provided during the week beginning September 2nd 2019.
Welcome to Maynooth University! We are so delighted you chose to join us for your undergraduate studies.
Last year, we helped hundreds of new students, just like you, with their programme choices including questions like these:
- How do the Arts timetable groups work?
- Is it possible for me to take a particular combination of subjects?
- What will my options be for next year if I take this particular combination of subjects?
- I hope to transfer into second year a denominated programme next year; what subjects do I need to take?
- How do I know if I have to take particular subjects as part of my programme?
- I have changed my mind about a subject; what should I do now?
For more information about your first year programme choices please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year1info
Congratulations on passing your exams and progressing into the second year of your programme!
The introduction of the new Maynooth Curriculum in September 2016 has brought in greater flexibility for Maynooth students than ever before. As a second year student, you may now have the option of choosing your pathway: single major, double major, major with minor and/or the opportunity to take an elective module in an subject area of your choice.
Last April, the Programme Advisory Office hosted the Planning Ahead for Your Second Year and Beyond to help you prepare for the programme choices you will be asked to make at the beginning of second year and beyond. The week included presentations from Careers, Experiential Learning, Graduate Studies and International Office. There were also information sessions with the Departments and Schools that allow students to transfer into them. Please see the tab below for all the presentations.
For more information on the 2nd year programme options please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year2info
We are available to meet with students to discuss your programme and subject choices throughout the year.
Our Drop In Centre (room 019 on the ground floor of Rowan House) will open every day from Sept 12th to October 5th between 10am and 5pm.
From October 7th 2019, you can book a one-to-one appointment with the Programme Advisor via our online booking system.