The Programme Advisory Office will host a series of information sessions for current first year students about their second year programme choices and options during Week 6. The information sessions will cover:
- Second year subject choice
- Flexible Pathways: how you can study your subjects for the remainder of your degree?
- Programme transfer options
- Electives; why and how to take an Elective in second year.
- Opportunities to enhance your degree including Study Aboard, the MUSE Award, Summer Undergraduate Research Programme and much more...
All information sessions will take place in Training Rooms A&B on the ground floor of the Library:
||Mon - March 5th
||Tues -March 6th
||Wed - March 7th
|MH101 Arts students
|MH201 Science Students
|Electives information session -
All First Years welcome
There will also be a drop-in session for anyone who missed the presentations during the week on Thursday, March 8th from 3-4pm in Training Rooms A&B.
We are available to meet with students to discuss your programme and subject choices throughout the year.
Each September, we operate a drop-in service for students between 9.30am and 4.45pm, Monday to Friday in Rowan House Room 1,01.
From October, you can book a one-to-one appointment with the Programme Advisor via our online booking system.
The Programme Advisory Office hosted three student Information Sessions during Week 1 of semester two about how to submit a subject change request and the potential impact of your request on your progression options for second year and the rest of your degree.
You can download a copy of the presentation here:
1st Year Subject Change Request Information Session
Are you returning to Maynooth after a break from your studies or a year aboard? Are you studying on the main University campus for the first time this year? Or would you like to refresher some of the information you received at your own orientation?
The Programme Advisory Office, in conjunction with Students Sign-posting Students, hosted a series of Welcome Back Workshops during week 1 and 2 to help you get you back into your studies and set up for the coming academic year; the sessions includeed information on:
- Updates to the Curriculum; new programme options and opportunities for first and second year students
- Changes to Marks & Standards - the policy that sets out how the University assesses and grade students
- Reminder of the Academic, Personal and Professional supports available to all students across campus
- Campus tours was also held each day throughout Welcome Back Week
Last year, we helped hundreds of new students, just like you, with their programme choices including questions like these:
- How do the Arts timetable groups work?
- Is it possible for me to take a particular combination of subjects?
- What will my options be for next year if I take this particular combination of subjects?
- I hope to transfer into second year a denominated programme next year; what subjects do I need to take?
- How do I know if I have to take particular subjects as part of my programme?
- I have changed my mind about a subject; what should I do now?
For more information about your first year programme choices please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year1info
Congratulations on passing your exams and progressing to the second year of your programme!
The introduction of the new Maynooth Curriculum last September has brought in greater flexibility for Maynooth students than ever before. As a second year student, you may now have the option of choosing your pathway: single major, double major, major with minor and/or the opportunity to take an elective module in an subject area of your choice.
The Programme Advisory Office hosted a series of information sessions between 3-6th April 2017 for then first year students on the Programme Options and Choices available in 2nd year including: Flexible Pathways, Subject Choices and Electives.
Please find the presentations below
Information for all students:
Electives Year 2 Info Session Presentation
Information for Arts Students:
Arts Year 2 Info Session Presentation
Information for BSc students:
Science Year 2 Info Session Presentation
For more information on the 2nd year programme options please see: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/year2info