A Maynooth University Know No Bounds Lecture presented in partnership with RTÉ Brainstorm
Maynooth University and RTÉ Brainstorm are collaborating on an event that will delve feet-first into one of the most complex challenges to democracy in this modern, digital age: Fake News. A panel of experts will explore questions like: Are the media giants responding adequately to reassess their technologies, their business models, and their ethical responsibilities around the potential of their platforms to be exploited, and even weaponised?
- Jim Carroll, RTE Brainstorm
- Dervilla Mullan: Chief Product Officer at NewsWhip
- Dr Maria Murphy: Department of Law
- Prof Rob Kitchin: Maynooth University Social Sciences Institute
- Dr Gavan Titley: Department of Media Studies
Register to attend here.
Public welcome to attend
Reception to follow.
This event is part of Maynooth Week 2018. In June 2017 Maynooth University celebrated the 20th anniversary of its founding as an independent university. Maynooth Week 2018 is part of a year-long series of programmes and activities marking this milestone.