Maynooth University needs to collect and use data (information) for a variety of purposes about its staff, students and other individuals who come in contact with the University. The purposes of processing data include the organisation and administration of courses, research activities, the recruitment and payment of staff, compliance with statutory obligations, etc. Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data. Data Protection Law confers rights on individuals as well as responsibilities on those persons processing personal data. Personal data, both automated and manual, are data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified, either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information.
Data Protection Policy Documents:
- Data Protection Policy (24th January 2023)
- Staff Data Privacy Notice (24th January 2023)
- Student Data Privacy Notice
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Personal Data Security Incident / Breach Management Procedure
Updated 9th May 2023