Personal Data Retention Schedules
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 controllers of personal data must ensure that the personal data of individuals is only retained for as long as is necessary and for the purposes for which they were collected. Section 71 (7) (b) of the Data Protection Act 2018 requires controllers of personal data carry out periodic reviews of the need for the retention of that data. Retention periods are governed by a variety of factors, including but not limited to legislation, contract and best practice. Some records may be initially retained for a set period after which they may be either archived or destroyed. Records retention schedules provide a framework within which retention periods can be set and reviewed for individual classes of data.
In order to comply with its legislative obligations, Maynooth University has devised the following records retention schedules which comprehend both personal and non-personal data. These are provided for the benefit of both the owners and managers of records and individual data subjects.
These schedules will be reviewed periodically in light of experience and legal or other relevant indications.
Contact for further information:
Approved retention schedules
- Commercialisation Records Retention Schedule
- Estates & Campus Services Records Retention Schedule
- Faculty and Academic Department Records Retention Schedule
- Finance Records Retention Schedule
- Human Resources Records Retention Schedule
- IT Services Data Retention Schedule
- Research Records Retention Schedule
- Student Records Retention Schedule
- Security Records Retention Schedule