Maynooth Alumni Advisory Board (MAAB)
MAAB held its inaugural meeting on 3rd February 2011. Acting as ambassadors for the University, the role of this board is to assist the Development and Alumni Relations Office in raising the profile of and increasing the reach of Maynooth alumni nationally and internationally. Meeting three to four a year on campus, board members share
their time and expertise with the Development and Alumni Relations Office and assist with alumni events and initiatives.
Photo: Peter Finnegan, current chairman of the Maynooth Alumni Advisory Board
The board members are;
- Chairperson - Peter Finnegan, 1976 BA
- Gráinne Hope - Artistic Director, Kids' Classics, 1997 BMus
- Rebecca Doolin, Director of External Relations, Maynooth University
- Karen Kelly, Alumni Engagement Manager, Maynooth University, 2009 BA
- Ann Marie Brennan, Department of Social Protection, 1995 BA
- Síona Cahill, Group Internal Culture and People Services Communications, Bank of Ireland, 2014 BA Civil Law
- John Gallagher, Public Affairs & Media Relations Consultant, 1976 BA, 1977 HDip Ed. (First full-time President of MSU.)
- Pat O'Meara, Woods & Associates, 1980 BA, 1981 HDip Ed
- Marie Taylor-Ghent, Director, PwC, 2001 BSc
- Philip O'Callaghan, Advisor to An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar TD, 2011 BA, 2012 PDE, 2014 HDip
- MU Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philsophy - Dr Anne O'Brien, Department of Media Studies, BA 1994, MA 1997, PhD 2008
- MU Faculty of Science and Engineering - Dr Andy Hogan, Department of Biology, 2004 BSc, 2010 PhD
- MU Faculty of Social Sciences - Dr Rose Dolan, Department of Education,1994 HDipEd, 2001 MEd
For further information about, please contact the Development and Alumni Relations Office.
Former board members include Mark Greville, 1996 BA Economics, Finance & Accounting; Bernie Coyne, 1987 BA, HDip 1988; Aengus Ó Maoláin, 2009 BMus, 2010 MA; Hayleigh McCann, 2007 BA, 2010 PG Dip in Ed, 2014 HDip in Innovative Teaching & Learning, 2017 PG Diploma in Educational Leadership; Flor Madden, 1988 BA; John Weafer, 1977 BA, MA 1981; Gareth McLaughlin, 2006 BA, 2007 MA, 2008 HDip in Irish History, 2015 MSc; Vincent Comerford, 1965 BA, 1972 MA; Ciarán Mac an Bhaird, 1998 BSc, 2001 MSc, 2004 MLit, 2007 PhD; Ronan O'Flynn 1988 BA; Ambassador Geraldine Byrne Nason 1980 BA, 1981 MA; Derek Maher 2012 BSc, 2014 Cert Counselling Skills; Eugene Magee, 1964 BA, 2013 M.L.S.
We are sincerely grateful for the contribution these alumni have made to the University.