Experience more to complement your degree and future proof your career!
The MU Careers and Employability Service lead the following programmes designed for Undergraduate and Postgraduate MU students looking to develop employability skills and competencies that you need for lifelong learning and future success.
- The Alumni Mentoring Programme pairs you with alumni from across a diverse range of sectors (mentors) who offer informed career insights and can help empower you to achieve your career aims.
- The Summer Programme for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) offers you the opportunity to secure a six-week paid summer research placement, across a range of disciplines.
- Micro Internships offer valuable professional experience where you contribute to defined professional projects alongside your studies – putting into practice your unique talents and knowledge.
- The Maynooth University Student Experience (MUSE) Awards recognise your contribution to activities outside your degree, for example, participating in a club or society, volunteering with a community organsiation, working in your local shop and much more!. This Award is an achievement that distinguishes yourself to potential future employers.
- Project Live gives you the opportunity to apply what you are learning in the classroom to real-world challenges facing business, community organsiations, and society today. This is embedded within modules so students cannot sign up to it as a programme, but keep an eye out for it in your modules.
Further information will be shared toward the start of the upcoming academic year.