Maynooth University is an internationally recognised institution located 25 kilometres outside of Dublin, Ireland. We are a place of lively contrasts: – a modern institution, dynamic, rapidly-growing, research-led and engaged, yet grounded in historic academic strengths and scholarly traditions. We have nearly 16,000 registered students from more than 110 countries, and 32 academic departments across three faculties: The Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies & Philosophy, The Faculty of Social Science, and The Faculty of Science & Engineering. In 2022, Maynooth University ranked # 1 in Ireland in the Times Higher Education (THE) Best Young University Rankings.
The Maynooth University Careers & Employability Service is committed to empowering students to develop the future-focused skills and insights needed to excel professionally, whether that means exploring future career paths, upskilling, securing a placement, or networking with potential employers.
We are eager to work with local, national and international community and industry organisations who would like to access the talent and skills of our students, including voluntary, charity, community and youth organisations, public and private sector organisations, schools, small and medium enterprises, social enterprises and larger commercial bodies.
So, whether you are looking to recruit talent, raise your profile or support the development of our students, we are here to partner with you.
How we hope to collaborate with you:
- Recruit our students and graduates: We offer a free advertising service to employers via our Connect Portal where you can recruit our students for all types of work, including graduate jobs, academic placements, internships and part time work.
- Offer a Placement or Internship: Benefit from our students’ enthusiasm, energy, hard work, and innovative ways of thinking.
- Raise Your Organisation Profile: Deliver skills development workshops to help students boost their employability skills, or have your live projects undertaken by students who will benefit from the experience.
- Engage with students: Mentor and share your professional experience to support students in developing their own career path.
- Careers Fairs, Recruitment Stands and Presentations: Meet with students and graduates to promote opportunities within your organisation.
Exams are in January and May each year, and the academic year typically starts for 2nd years and above in mid- September. You can find the full list of Maynooth University Undergraduate Courses here, Postgraduate Courses here, and Key Academic dates here.