Maynooth University has recently signed up to An Taisce Green Campus initiative and has established a proactive Green Campus Committee. The university strives to recycle its waste at source and with the assistance of its waste contractor is currently diverting over 90% of its waste from landfill.
This plan incorporates:
- Bin-less offices with receptacles to separate waste placed strategically in each building.
- All residential apartments are fitted with brown bins in kitchen areas to promote food separation along with recycling receptacles in corridors in apartment blocks.
- Cardboard is collected separately across campus and is baled at our in-house facility on North Campus,
- All garden waste is chipped on site and reused as mulch in our grounds maintenance.
- WEE recycling is active across campus together with deposit and collection points for glass, batteries, cds, clothes etc.
All enquiries regarding waste management should be directed to the Campus Services General Office at Extension 6681 or 3532 in the first instance or contact Green Campus.