Two year MA programme
- Only European History Masters course in the country
- In-depth study of selected topic in early modern and modern European history – from Portugal to Russia
The normal admission requirement is at least a 2nd Class Honours Degree in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Candidates may be asked to attend an interview. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Minimum English language requirements: please visit Maynooth University International Office website for information about English language tests accepted and required scores. The requirements specified are applicable for both EU and non-EU applicants.
National University of Ireland Maynooth’s TOEFL code is 8850
- Small group tuition. Introduction to theories, methods and classical studies in the field.
- Strong emphasis on each student’s development as an independent researcher, and active student participation in the shaping of courses.
- MA thesis on subject of choice.
- Intensive tuition in modern European languages.
Online application only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following information should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
Certified copies of all official transcripts of results for all non-Maynooth University qualifications listed MUST accompany the application. Failure to do so will delay your application being processed. Non-Maynooth University students are asked to provide two academic references and a copy of birth certificate or valid passport.