Network Upgrade 2021
Over the past number of months IT Services have been undertaking a large-scale Network Upgrade project. The network equipment has been upgraded primarily in all buildings that have teaching spaces.
|Rye House and Apartments||Complete|
|Stoyte House||In progress|
Network Security Updates
The benefits of the new network equipment are:
- The network will run faster than current speeds.
- The network will be more available than it is currently.
- eLearning tools can be used seamlessly.
- The network will no longer be at end of life.
- The network will be at a higher maturity level which will enable the full potential of the new building when the building is complete.
To update end of life network infrastructure and allow for optimal eLearning service delivery, the wired network equipment in the above buildings is being replaced.
New network equipment has been installed and our network security model will also be upgraded.
The services you can access from your device will in the future be determined by the security posture of your device (e.g. username, device type etc,).
These measures will reduce the risk of a security compromised device exposing MU to similar cyber-attacks that have happened in recent months in other areas of Public Service.