The DISCs project is a collaborative study conducted in partnership between students and staff from Maynooth University, University College Cork and Dublin City University, funderd by The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- The DISCs project invite you to an open workshop facilitated by Equity Unbound.
- This 90 minute session will support ongoing thinking and practice around inclusive and socially just education.
- Open to all who teach in Higher Education
In this workshop, Maha Bali, Mia Zamora and Catherine Cronin of Equity Unbound will engage participants in dialogues around ways of embodying equitable practices in HE pedagogy, especially in COVID times. Participants will be invited to reflect on their experiences of teaching during the pandemic, and their own aims in relation to teaching for social justice. The facilitators will show how their "equity-focused, open, connected, intercultural learning curriculum" has worked in applying socially just practices, and how it has allowed them to respond when the pandemic happened. Participants will have an opportunity to work in small groups to explore concrete ways in which to incorporate social justice practices into their pedagogical practices
- RegistrationLink: or enter the following into your browser: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=z8oksN7eQUKhXDyX1VPp80gqeAZMTe9HjAFivUzLUsxUM1dWUTY2UE5SSDk5U1RHUVNDMlNRMzZGQi4u
- Those who have registered will receive the Zoom link close to the event date.
- Facilitated by Equity Unbound