The booking form will appear on the Accommodation Home page at 10am on the booking date.
As part of the booking process for on-campus accommodation, you will be asked to complete a booking form online. Paper applications, emails or telephone calls will not be accepted or registered as part of the booking process. The format of the application form can be found here .
How the Application form will work on the day
- When the booking form opens it will operate on a first come first served basis.
- The first group of students to click on the form, based on a system generated time and date will be allowed into the booking form.
- Not all students who gain access to the application form are guaranteed to be able to book a room as more bookers will be on the form at that stage than rooms available.
- All other students who click on the link will be placed in a Queuing system behind the first group of bookers. For example if you are number 1 on the queue you are potentially the 101 person to click on the link (as judged by the booking engine).
- Should any of the first group of students not complete the booking, the first students in the Queue will get access to the booking form and so on until all the rooms are booked.
- The chances of booking a room from the Queue are low, especially if you are a higher number.
I am in the Queue, how will I know when all the rooms are booked?
Once all the rooms are booked a message will appear on the Queuing screen on your browser to advise all rooms are fully booked. However Important: It may be the case that this message does not appear on your screen if your browser settings do not allow the message to update or if pop up's are blocked on your internet browser. If this is the case or you are unsure whether to remain in the queue, please check on the Residence Office homepage HERE where we will publish all messages. Please do not call the Residence Office during booking as we will be unable to answer.
How will I know if my application was successful?
Once you receive access to the application form and choose a room, you will be given 15 minutes to make payment of the non refundable booking fee of €520. On completion of the payment, a message will appear to advise that the payment was successful. Where a successful payment is made a transaction number will appear on your screen and a confirmation email will be generated to the email address you put on the booking form. Please note that when the booking is complete the timer may still keep counting down. However once a successful payment has been made and a transaction number received the accommodation is secure. Should you wish to confirm your booking, please log into your self-service accommodation account the login details of which will be in your confirmation email. Important - It is very important to input your email address correctly in order to receive a confirmation email. To ensure that the confirmation email does not go into spam add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
A full Schedule of Accommodation Fees are available HERE.
Typically Payments by Continuing Students for Accommodation will usually follow the following pattern:
- Booking fee to be paid when the room is booked
- Semester 1 fees to be paid in full by 30 July 2020
- Semester 2 fees to be paid in full by 14 January 2021
Other Options for making Payments for Continuing students:
All fees must be paid in full by the due dates and using only the prescribed payment method.
Some continuing students may prefer to make payments for their accommodation in a pattern that suits their income and may wish to make smaller payments on a more regular basis rather than making one lump sum payment on the due dates. However it is important to be aware that making regular part payments does not change the due dates and all fees must be up to date at 30 July 2020 (all of semester 1 fees to be paid) and 14 January 2021 (all of semester 2 fees to be paid). The License to Reside and our systems allows for this as follows:
- As part of the room administration system each resident has an accommodation account (This is Your Rent Book). This can be accessed online via the Student Portal. The URL for the Student Portal will be given to all bookers in their Confirmation of Booking Email.
- When you book a room you get a URL, Username and Password to access your rent book via the Student Portal which is communicated via the room booking confirmation email on the day you book.
- When you log on to your rent book there is a statement of your account available to view and print.
- There is also an option to make a payment as and when you please. The full amount outstanding at any time will always appear as the amount to pay, however the system will allow you to change that to the amount you are choosing to pay and click on “confirm” which will prompt the payment screen to appear.
- The only accepted method of payment of accommodation fess is via the Student Portal directly to your Rent Book. Use a bank card to make your payment and then check your statement on your account again to see all your transactions and that the balance outstanding has reduced.
All fees must be paid in full by the due dates and using only the prescribed payment method. Accommodation fees not paid in full and on time will attract a 14 days warning notice and will constitute a breach of your Licence to Reside.
Important: Please note there is only one payment method accepted - Online via the Secure Student Portal as confirmed to you in your COnfirmation of Booking Email and as per your Licence to Reside. This is a safe online method that instantly applies your payment to your rent book. We do not offer or accept payments in cash, cheque, online banking, bank to bank or any other format. Payments will get lost if you use an alternative method and may give rise to a late payment and a breach of your Licence to Reside.
Quiet Zone Continuing Students - The Expression of Interest link will open Friday 7th February 2020 and close on Wednesday 26 February 2020. Booking day will be by invitation email and likely to be on 24 March 2020. In advance of booking, students for the Quiet Zone students will have completed an online orientation for the Quiet Zone. Those who are eligible for re-booking will book on 10 March 2020.
Scéim Chónaithe Continuing Students : see https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/accommodation/accommodation-campus/applications-overview/continuing-students-sc-im-ch-naithe
General Offering for Continuing Students
This room booking event will be online and first come first served. It will be at 10:00 on 2 April 2020.
Who is a Continuing Student?
This category includes current students, Postgraduates who will continue their course into another year in 2019-2020, students currently in First Year - started September 2020 and International Students who are doing a second or subsequent year at Maynooth. Please Note: If you are in final year of a course this year and expect to do the first year of a post grad course in 2020-2021 this is NOT your category. We have set aside rooms for New Postgraduates separately and they will be made available for booking online in August - date to be confirmed.