The application form will appear on the Accommodation Home page at 10am on the booking date.
As part of the application for on campus accommodation, you will be asked to complete a booking form online. Paper applications or emails will not be accepted. The format of the application form can be found here .
How the Application form will work on the day
- When the application forms opens at10am on a first come first served basis, the first group of students to click on the form based on a time and date stamp generated by the system (the time stamp will be in milliseconds as demand is high at 10 am when it opens) will be given automatic access to the form for booking.
- Not all students who gain automatic access to the application form are guaranteed a room.
- All other students who click on the link will be placed in a Queuing system behind the first group of bookers. For example if you are number 1 on the queue you are potentially the 101 person to click on the link (as judged by the booking engine).
- Should any of the first group of students not complete the booking, the first students in the Queue will get access to the booking form and so on until all the rooms are booked.
- The chances of booking a room from the Queue are low, especially if you are a higher number.
I am in the Queue, how will I know when all the rooms are booked?
Once all the rooms are booked a message will appear on the Queuing screen on your browser to advise all rooms are fully booked. However Important: It may be the case that this message does not appear on your screen if your browser settings do not allow the message to update or if pop up's are blocked on your internet browser. If this is the case or you are unsure whether to remain in the queue, please check on the Residence Office homepage HERE where we will publish all messages. Please do not call the Residence Office during booking as we will be unable to answer.
How will I know if my application was successful?
Once you receive access to the application form and choose a room, you will be given 15 minutes to make payment of the non refundable booking fee of €500. On completion of the payment, a message will appear to advise that the payment was successful. Where a successful payment is made a transaction number will appear on your screen and a confirmation email will be generated to the email address you put on the booking form. Please note that when the booking is complete the timer may still keep counting down. However once a successful payment has been made and a transaction number received the accommodation is secure. Should you wish to confirm your booking, please log into your self-service accommodation account the login details of which will be in your confirmation email. Important - It is very important to input your email address correctly in order to receive a confirmation email. To ensure that the confirmation email does not go into spam add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
Please note we will not be available by telephone until the afternoon at 2:30pm on the day of booking. However chat will be open until 13:00 and you may email residence.office if you have a query.
A full Schedule of Accommodaiton Fees are available HERE.
Typically Payments by Continuing Students for Accommodation will usually follow the following pattern:
- Booking fee to be paid when the room is booked
- Semester 1 fees to be paid in full by 31 July 2019
- Semester 2 fees to be paid in full by 17 January 2020
Other Options for making Payments for Continuing students:
Some students may prefer to make payments for their accommodation in a pattern that suits their income and may wish to make smaller payments on a more regular basis rather than making one lump sum payment on the due dates. However it is important to be aware that making regular payments does not change the due dates and all fees must be up to date at 30 July 2018 (all of semester 1 fees to be paid) and 17 January 2020 (all of semester 2 fees to be paid) . The License to Reside and our systems allows for this as follows:
- As part of the room administration system each resident has an accommodation account.
- When you book a room you get a URL, Username and Password to access your account which is communicated via the room booking confirmation email on the day you book.
- When you log on to your own accommodation account there is a statement of your account available to see and print.
- There is also an option to make a payment as and when you please. The full amount outstanding at any time will always appear as the amount to pay, however the system will allow you to change that to the amount you are choosing to pay and click on “confirm” which will prompt the payment screen to appear.
- Use a bank card to make a payment and then check your statement on your account again to see all your transactions and that the balance outstanding has reduced.
All fees must be paid in full by 31 July 2019 for semester 1 and all fees in respect of semester 2 must be paid in full by 17 January 2019. That gives you four months from date of booking to pay semester 1 fees and then a further five and a half months to pay semester 2 fees. If after you have booked your room you have questions about how this works call into the Reception and we will show you using your own account.
- Continuing Students EOI for The Quiet Zone - LINK will open Monday 4th February for Expressions of Interest and close 15th March 2019
- Continuing Students EOI for the Scéim Chónaithe - LINK will open Monday 4th February for Applications and close 15th March 2019 and for those shortlisted Interviews will be on 25th March
- Continuing Students LINK for general rooms offering FCFS 12 April 2019 at 10am
The General Offering for Continuing Students on 12th April 2019 will offer rooms for the academic year 2019-2020. It is likely (but not guaranteed) that further rooms for Continuing Students will be on offer again early September.
Who is a Continuing Student?
This category includes current students, Postgraduates who will continue their course into another year in 2019-2020, students currently in First Year - started September 2019 and International Students who are doing a second or subsequent year at Maynooth. Please Note: If you are in final year of a course this year and expect to do the first year of a post grad course in 2019-2020 this is NOT your category. We have set aside rooms for New Postgraduates separately and they will be made available for booking online in August - date to be confirmed.