Expressions of interest are invited from registered PhD and Masters Students at Maynooth University to be considered for part-time work on the Library Facilities Team from January 2021. Hourly rate of pay is €13.18.
A roster is in operation with team members rostered to work between approximately 4 and 10 hours per week subject to the needs of the Library. This will include some mornings, late nights and weekends throughout the calendar year. Members of the team must be in a position to cover all of these periods and be prepared to be available for short periods (typically one or more hours) at different times during the day, as needed.
- Responsible for supervision of library facilities particularly outside of core opening hours
- Responsible for physical spatial reorganisation, and reporting of problems relating to library facilities
- Assist with library events (online and face-to-face)
- Assist in data collection in terms of library usage and other issues as assigned
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the Librarian or his nominee
- Extreme flexibility: candidates need to be flexible to work a variety of hours and undertake a variety of duties
- Professionalism and responsibility: candidates need to work on own initiative and to show initiative in taking responsibility for library facilities
- Team work: candidates will be working as part of a wider facilities team within the wider library team and need to demonstrate ability to do this
- Excellent customer care: candidates are working in a user focused library environment and need to pride their role in this regard
- Good knowledge of Maynooth University Campus
A brief CV, giving details of relevant experience with the name and contact details of two referees should be submitted by e-mail to Michaela.email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, January 8th 2021.