The University is collaborating with UniJobs for recruitment and employment of temporary staff for invigilation. UniJobs handle all registrations for new applicants and any queries for current employees in relation to pay, registration, etc. Their office can be contacted on 061 234300 if you would be interested in registration for upcoming exam periods.
Please note: Due to the impact of Covid, the information given below is relevant to normal operations, which may change in the future once exams are again held on campus.
Information on the Role of Invigilator
Prior to both January and May examination periods, invigilators are engaged to help support the smooth running of the examinations during exam sessions. They are expected to be punctual and alert and assist the Senior invigilators in ensuring that the University rules are adhered to during examinations. If registering for scribe duties, where some students need help to write their exam, invigilators must have a degree in the relevant discipline, as they are expected to be familiar with terminology/language being examined.
All new applicants and those who have not invigilated in Maynooth University within the previous two years must attend a general briefing to be eligible. The date of this briefing session will be communicated as early as possible.
Other eligibility requirements are:
- Undergraduates or those sitting exams themselves may not apply for the position of invigilator.
- Taught postgraduates are not eligible to apply for the position of invigilator.
- Invigilation work is subject to public sector policy - e.g. Full-time public sector employees may not be engaged to work as invigilators.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in Ireland - e.g. Have a valid GNIB card for the duration of the examination session.
- Previous work as an invigilator does not guarantee that your application to UniJobs will be successful.