Prior to both January and May examination periods, invigilators are recruited to help support the smooth running of the examinations during exam sessions. They are expected to be punctual and alert and assist the Senior invigilators in ensuring that the University rules are adhered to during examinations. If registering for Scribe duties, where some students need help to write their exam, invigilators are expected to be familiar with terminology/language being examined.
Invigilation applications are made through online submissions and will be available again for January 2020 exams towards the end of the year. Please check back on our website in November 2019 should you wish to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have a reminder sent to you when the application form is open, please email email@example.com registering your interest.
Please remember that all new applicants and those who have not invigilated in the previous two years must attend a general briefing to be eligible. This will be notified to you once you have applied.
Other eligibility requirements are:
* Undergraduates or those sitting exams themselves may not apply for the position of invigilator
* Taught postgraduates are not eligible to apply for the position of invigilator
* Invigilation work is subject to public sector policy - e.g. Full-time public sector employees may not be engaged to work as invigilators
* All applicants must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in Ireland - e.g. Have a valid GNIB card for the duration of the examination session
* We may not be able to offer invigilation hours to all applicants; previous work as an invigilator does not guarantee that your application will be successful
For any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.