- Postgraduate Scholarships 2017
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
At Maynooth University we are offering scholarships in all disciplines for both research and masters study 2017.
Further details can be found at Fees/Funding/Scholarships for John and Pat Hume Scholarships / Taught Masters Scholarships / Alumni Scholarships.
- Maynooth University Postgraduate Teaching Studentship
A Graduate Teaching Studentship will be available for one student in October 2017. A relevant 1st class or 2:1 honours in the applicant's primary degree, or a relevant Masters degree is required.
The studentship will entail:
1. Full annual tuition fees support (approx. €5500 p.a.)
2. A fixed maintenance award of €9002 p.a.
3. Participation as a Graduate Teaching Assistant undertaking up to 468 hours p.a. of teaching support (with not more than 20 hours in any one week), under the direction and guidance of a supervising member of staff.
As part of the application process, the PhD topic area must be agreed in advance with a supervisor. To assist in identifying a potential supervisor, the following is a list of supervisors and topic areas that they are currently interested in. If your area of interest is different from what is listed, please contact one of the academics and they’ll advise you on what is possible and who is the best person to talk to:
Dr Rudi Villing
Deep learning applied to robot perception and behaviour in an assisted living context (using the new robot platform that we will be acquiring later this year)
wearable sensors and systems for health and wellbeing. The work could encompasses both the sensing technologies and techniques such as deep learning to map the real time data into usable feedback or subliminal stimulus manipulation
Dr Seamus McLoone & Prof Tomas Ward & Dr Bob Lawlor
Engineering education research
Prof John Ringwood
Blood pressure dynamics
Electronic judging system for Olympic kayak/canoe slalom
Prof Ronan Farrell
Radio and wireless communication systems
Satellite communications systems.
Closing date for applications - June 30th 2017
Full details are contained in the following PDF document: Graduate Teaching Studentship 2017
- Maynooth University as a partner in the SFI CONNECT Centre for the Internet of Things has a number of PhD and Masters by research scholarships available for September 2017.A number of 3-year PhD scholarships available in the following areas:
• Active Antenna Array Technologies for millimetre Wave (mmWave) design
• 30 and 70 GHz RF and microwave filters (RF circuits and antennas)
• Digital and Hybrid Linearisation for high efficiency power amplifiers
• Alternative Architectures for Wideband Satellite Transceivers
In addition, we have 18 month Research Masters scholarships available in the following areas:
• Ka-band Satellite Communications System Testbed (communications and prototyping)
• Implementation of digital signal processing for 5G systems (FPGA, GPU, verilog)
See further vacancies at the Department of Electronic Engineering