Postgraduate Scholarships 2018
- Taught Masters programmes - Maynooth University offer sixty scholarships of €2,000 per student.
- Alumni scholarships - €5,000 towards fees are available to current undergraduate students who attain an average of 65% or better in their undergraduate programmes. CLOSING DATE – 15TH JUNE
- Maynooth University Postgraduate Teaching Studentship will be available for one student in October 2018. Full annual tuition and a fixed maintenance award of €9,000 per annum.
- John and Pat Hume Scholarships different levels:
€16,000/annum + €2,000 expenses/annum + fees - only one scholarship in S & E Faculty
€ 9,000/annum + €1,000 annum expenses + fees - six scholarships in S & E Faculty CLOSING DATE – 1st MAY
- Irish Research Council Funding PhD - Full IRCSET scholarship (€16,000/annum + €2,250/annum expenses + EU level fees) Enterprise partnership (same rate as full IRCSET, but company provides about 1/3 funding) CURRENTLY CLOSED
- NUI Travelling Studentships - Max of €96,000 for up to 4 years for study in another country - CLOSING DATE – 6th APRIL
- Project Funding secured based on research proposal by academic principal investigator (PI). PhD (and possibly Research Masters) positions are then advertised by PI, with open (worldwide) competition. Usual funding rate (e.g. SFI-funded projects) is around €18,000/annum + expenses + fees.
AVAILABLE ON AN ONGOING BASIS (look at FindAPhD or research group websites)
If you have a research interest in a particular area, you should contact a potential academic supervisor, who can give you further direction and may be aware of other funding opportunities.
* Further details on all Fees/ Funding and Scholarships