- Each graduand will receive two invitation tickets for the admission of two guests to the ceremony in their information pack. Admittance to the conferring ceremony is by ticket only.
- Make sure that your guests know the location of the Aula Maxima (no. 29 on map).
- Guests should be seated in the Aula Maxima at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the ceremony. After this time admittance for ticket holders is not guaranteed.
- Children are admitted by ticket only.
The academic gown is part of the formal proceedings of the conferring ceremony and is a requirement for all graduands.
The mortarboard/cap is optional for both male and female graduands.
You can view the academic gown regulations in the following booklet: Academic Dress of the National University of Ireland.
Phelan Conan Ltd are the official robe-makers to Maynooth University
Telephone +353 1 4295300
- You can book your gown online at www.phelanconan.com.
- The cost of the pre-paid gown hire is €45 and your gown should be booked before the deadline of Tuesday 3rd September 2019. It will cost €50 to hire a gown on the day.
- The academic gown is part of the formal proceedings of the conferring ceremony and is a requirement for all graduands.
- The mortar board/cap is optional for both male and female graduands.
- Your gown must be returned directly to Phelan Conan while they are at Maynooth University.
- Please note that unfortunately there are no cloak room facilities for graduands and any bags or coats should be left with your guests.
- Safety pins and hair clips may prove useful on the day.
Phelan Conan will be located in Riverstown Hall (no.2 on map) at the following times:
Thursday 5th September
14:00 to 18:00 for students graduating on Friday.
Friday 6th September
08.00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Friday.
Monday 9th September
14:00 to 18:00 for students graduating on Tuesday
Tuesday 10th September
08.00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Tuesday.
15:30 to 18:00 for students graduating on Wednesday.
Wednesday 11th September
08.00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Wednesday.
15:30 to 18:00 for students graduating on Thursday.
Thursday 12th September
08:00 to 18.00 for students graduating on Thursday.
15:30 to 18.00 for students graduating on Friday.
Friday 13th September
08:00 to 18:00 for students graduating on Friday.
Due to the implementation of a personal 3D Secure password during the credit card payment process on https://www.phelanconan.com/, Phelan Conan Ltd staff are no longer able to take bookings over the phone. This has been created to protect your online payments and if you don't already have a 3D Secure password you can activate it by following the simple instructions during the booking process. If you experience any further problems with the 3D secure process, please contact your bank.
A graduand may arrange to source robes from another supplier, but must ensure that the gown and colours conform fully to the Maynooth University standards.
Lafayette Photography are the official photographers to Maynooth University and have been authorised to take graduation photographs on the day of graduation.
- Lafayette Photography will be located in a marquee beside the Aula Maxima (no. 29 on map).
- It is advisable to pre-book your photography online at www.lafayette.ie. Here you can activate your online account and view packages and prices.
- Bookings can be made up to 3 days before your graduation day.
- You can also book on the day and pay by credit/debit card.
Lafayette Photography 2019
Telephone: +353 1 4295740
Due to a number of complaints received about unofficial photographers, the University does not recommend that graduands avail of their services and accepts no responsibility for arrangements made with them.
Kairos Communications Ltd will be present to record DVDs of the ceremony.
- Orders will be taken on the day or can be placed in advance.
- The order form will be included in your information pack and is available to download below.
Any graduands or guests with special needs or requirements are welcome to contact the Conferring Office in advance of their ceremonies to ensure that we can accommodate their needs on this important occasion. If you or your guest(s) need a Sign Language Interpreter, please contact us as soon as possible.
If you are attending your Conferring Ceremony:
- Check that you have the correct guest tickets for your ceremony.
- Ensure that all outstanding tuition fees have been paid.
- Ensure that all outstanding library fines have been paid and items returned.
- Book your gown.
- Book your photograph.
- Visit the Maynooth University Development and Alumni Relations Office.