The Admissions Office has a commitment to high quality service to applicants, parents, guidance counsellors and current students. We manage the intake of undergraduate students through the CAO system as well as advanced entry to later years via direct application. The Office is responsible for the provision of information services to prospective students, parents, guidance counsellors, schools and others.
The following are the main areas of work within the Admissions Office:
- The provision of information regarding all of the University’s undergraduate programmes through publications and the internet;
- The enhancement of applications to the University. First preference CAO applications to Maynooth University have more than doubled in recent years;
- Processing of all applications to undergraduate degree programmes;
- Provision of a schools’ liaison programme, underpinned by a philosophy of positive relationship building with key partners in education; Monitoring and reviewing the integrity and suitability of the various admissions pathways and the various entry quotas;
- Advising the Registrar and other officers of the University as appropriate on admissions-related issues;
- Liaising closely with relevant internal offices (for example, the various academic departments, the Communications and Marketing Office, the Access Office) and external to the University (for example, the Central Applications Office, the National University of Ireland, and the Institute of Guidance Counsellors) on admissions-related issues.