US Financial Aid

There are three types of US-based funding available to students who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, who wish to study at Maynooth University. While Title IV require US students to be enrolled at least half-time in programme, Irish Immigration regulations require US students to be enrolled for full-time study programmes only that are on the Interim List of Eligible Programmes (ILEP)

Please note the Non-Eligible programmes:

  • Part-time programmes
  • Joint degree programmes
  • Online programmes
  • Non-degree/certificate/dipolma programmes
  • Non-compulsory internships in bachelor's degree programmes.  Students opt instead for project work or elective modules.

In addition, students must meet the US minimum academic entry requirements :

The three types of US-based funding:

  1. US Federal Aid loans (William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program); 
  2. Private loans with Sallie Mae;
  3. Veterans Affairs Benefits.

Each type of funding has specific and detailed requirements that must be met at the application stage, so please read the information below carefully.

Please see Consumer Information for US Federal Aid students.