What is the Information Security Awareness Program?
The information security awareness program is a formal training program on potential threats to the university's information and on how to avoid situations that might put the university's data at risk.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the information security awareness program are:
- Employee mindset and behavior change.
- Proactive and preventive behavior with a reduction in the likelihood of incidents.
- Development of a security-focused culture.
- Protection of the university's critical assets and reputation.
- Reduced human error and process inefficiencies.
- Increased morale and commitment to an information security management system (ISMS).
- Improved audit results.
- Corrective actions based on the identification of nonconformities.
- Enhance compliance with contractual and legislative requirements.
What activities are part of the Security Awareness Program?
- In-class security awareness training provided by our on-going partnership with the HEAnet ICT Security Services team.
- E-learning modules covering topics like Information Security, Phishing Awareness and Internet, Email, and Social Media using 'Essential Skillz' learning platform.
- New hire orientation aims to provide knowledge about Information Security at Maynooth University to new staff.
General ICT Security Awareness training will be provided online using Microsoft Teams due to Covid-19
Next online training sessions are happening on the following dates:
Wednesday 24 February 2021 from 11.00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday 21 April 2021 from 11.00 AM - 12:00 PM
Click on the MS Booking link ICT Security Awareness Training for the enrolment.
E-learning modules on 'Information and Data Security' are available
To login, please use your Maynooth University provided Office 365 login credentials (Username and Password)
Module: Information and Data Security
Description: This course is designed to provide fundamental skills needed by staff to analyze the internal and external security threats and how to behave to secure Maynooth University's valuable information and data.