What is the Information Security Awareness Program?
The information security awareness program is a formal training program on potential threats to the university's information and on how to avoid situations that might put the university's data at risk.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the information security awareness program are:
- Employee mindset and behavior change.
- Proactive and preventive behavior with a reduction in the likelihood of incidents.
- Development of a security-focused culture.
- Protection of the university's critical assets and reputation.
- Reduced human error and process inefficiencies.
- Increased morale and commitment to an information security management system (ISMS).
- Improved audit results.
- Corrective actions based on the identification of nonconformities.
- Enhance compliance with contractual and legislative requirements.
What activities are part of the Security Awareness Program?
- In-class security awareness training provided by our on-going partnership with the HEAnet ICT Security Services team.
- E-learning modules covering topics like Information Security, Phishing Awareness and Internet, Email, and Social Media using 'Essential Skillz' learning platform.
- New hire orientation aims to provide knowledge about Information Security at Maynooth University to new staff.
General ICT Security Awareness training will be provided online using Microsoft Teams due to Covid-19
Next online training information will be available soon.
E-learning module on 'Information and Data Security' is available at the link below:
Phishing Awareness Module
Once you click on the link, you will be asked to enter your Maynooth University's Office365 credentials, if you are not already logged in.